RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike was on drip charge for the last 2 months. I went to start it tonight, the electrics came on but as soon as I hit the starter, it died and all electrics went off. When I turn the key, nothing. No dashboard, nothing. I checked the main fuses, both are fine. Could this simply be a blown battery? I should probably but a new battery and see if that works before asking for help, but I'm now drinking scotch and reaching out for help before I go to the store tomorrow and buy a new battery. Thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Did you check the main fuse that is on the main batter cable?
Yep. There are two main fuses and I checked them both. One near the battery and one on the left hand side of the bike (that has a spare fuse next to it).

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery voltage??
Well, the battery has been on drip for 2 months. After the issue, I put it back on charge and it said it had no charge. After 5 mins of charging, it said it was accepting a charge. Over 80% charged. So I put it back on the bike, but still nothing. How do I test if the battery is good or not? Shall I just touch both terminals and see if I get a shock? lol.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All is good. I touched both terminals with my hands and got no shock. So I reckon it's the battery that is dead. I'll buy a new one tomorrow and we should be good.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Well, the battery has been on drip for 2 months. After the issue, I put it back on charge and it said it had no charge. After 5 mins of charging, it said it was accepting a charge. Over 80% charged. So I put it back on the bike, but still nothing. How do I test if the battery is good or not? Shall I just touch both terminals and see if I get a shock? lol.
Use a meter to test the voltage. if it is under 12V, it may be done.
http://www.ehow.com/video_2319935_test-car-battery-multimeter.html

Or, use a coat hanger rub it across both leads while holding it with your tongue.:p:eek::D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts