RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
So what process did Honda America have you go through?
This can be important for other SP1 owners with the same issue of fuel leaks at the weld joint.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Interesting since some owners have said their dealer gave them the run around since the bike has been out of production since 2006.
Probably a good thing to contact Honda America first and dealer second.

·
Registered
84 Posts
wow thats almost too good to be true glad it worked out for you and good to see great customer service from honda

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same story here. After 2 failed attempts, I finally got Honda to replace my tank on my 01. It started out a small drip or 2 over night. But eventually got to straight leaking. I was fearing a fire at this point every time I rode it. After taking to my Honda dealer, they called me back an hour later telling me that Honda will NOT cover it. I was surprised that Honda would give back a known leaking fuel tank to a customer. ( Especially after having taken it off and verified the leak ) But the very next day ( this morning ) they called me back again and said they WOULD cover it. So, I pick up the bike in a few days. I am happy, and very satisfied that Honda will take care of this problem. And rightfully so, this is a huge fire hazard. Thanks HONDA !!! and Western Honda in Scottsdale, AZ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well done! I tried two dealers in Canada and got nowhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts