RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Strange the pics don't show the front view.If the vents have orange indicators, instead of black mesh then the bike is a Japanese spec version which is restricted to 75 bhp.
European bikes were 125 bhp.

This one doesn't say... I'd suspect it may be a Japanese import. Now they're trading for $40,000 in Japan so they'd make a tidy profit at the price advertised in the UK.
Anybody buying should be aware though...

I learnt this stuff as I spent a fair bit of time looking into the possibility of sending an NR to Canada around 5 years ago for a friend in Toronto...

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
If you scroll down it has pics of the front end. It's also listed on raresportbikes and guys are saying on there it is Japanese spec.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Ah, OK - I hadn't bothered to scroll down... :p
25 bhp down on a standard Euro / US model 750VFR makes it a bit less desirable.
I remember road tests on these when they were new. Apparently they ride a lot like a VFR 1990-1997 model. The 93+ models were styled a bit like NR 750's.

There's also a bodykit someone molded in France to make a VFR750 look a lot like an NR - A lot of work though!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
it's a cool bike, but for that money i can think of at least 20 other bikes i'd pick over it.....and probably be able to afford them all together as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts