RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda UK has teamed up with its British Touring Car Championship partner Team Dynamics to produce what it calls the world’s fastest lawn mower. The Honda Mean Mower is powered by a 996cc V-Twin engine from a VTR1000F Superhawk, leading Honda to claim a top speed of 133 mph and a 0-60 time of four seconds.

Based on a Honda HF2620 lawn tractor, the Mean Mower uses an all-new 4130 chromoly steel chassis and bespoke suspension and wheels from a Honda ATV. The cutter deck was custom made out of fiberglass while the grass trimming bag at the rear hides a fuel tank, high-capacity oil cooler and a secondary radiator.

The Superhawk engine is paired with a custom six-speed transmission operated with paddle shifters developed with feedback from three-time BTCC Champion Matt Neal and reigning champion Gordon “Flash” Shedden. Other upgrades include a custom-made Cobra sports seat, Scorpion exhaust system and a steering rack from, of all things, a Morris Minor British economy car. Various other parts were cobbled together from Honda motorcycles and ATVs.

Read more

·
Registered
338 Posts
I logged on to post this but you beat me to it. I want one so bad. It would be the greatest thing ever if I could come home from my Sunday ride and mow the yard with this.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Now obviously gentleman, the primary purpose of this equipment is to cut grass. If you were to use one and the lawn cutting was not up to par, it would be fair to say that this 'Mean Mower' is not really up to task and is not worth taking up space in the garage. A Flymo may not be as fast, but at least it cuts the grass with grace and finesse. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts