RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i noticed my horn wasn't loud enough when i went to honk at someone a few times, almost like i couldn't hear it. finally today i decided to actually stop the bike and try it out because i remember being able to hear it over the bike, i swear it. obviously because i'm writing this i didn't hear anything. i get home and check the fuse, find out its part of the lights too so that cant be it. i take my switch apart and put my meter to it with the ignition on......nothing. now i'm thinking it may be a wiring problem. well, before i started chasing wires i decided to check the connections @ the horn, hmmmmm. so, where is it? no i know where it is, its a rhetorical question. the answer is ITS NOT THERE!!! (wheelies, ugh, i know.) the piece of the bracket is there on the nut where i attached it and so is the wiring (luckily the connectors were intact with the little boots). so this explains why i have no audible horn, no voltage @ the switch, and no time wasted on tracing out wires (although i did waste about 20 minutes on testing a switch that was totally fine).

would any kind sir in this wonderful community have one that you have basically thought of many times about throwing in the trash because you race and have absolutely no need for it (working obviously)? please help a gent out! i love you guys! (no homo) i got an inspection in may that i wont pass unless my horn goes peep peep. :grin2:

·
Registered
262 Posts
so, i noticed my horn wasn't loud enough when i went to honk at someone a few times, almost like i couldn't hear it. finally today i decided to actually stop the bike and try it out because i remember being able to hear it over the bike, i swear it. obviously because i'm writing this i didn't hear anything. i get home and check the fuse, find out its part of the lights too so that cant be it. i take my switch apart and put my meter to it with the ignition on......nothing. now i'm thinking it may be a wiring problem. well, before i started chasing wires i decided to check the connections @ the horn, hmmmmm. so, where is it? no i know where it is, its a rhetorical question. the answer is ITS NOT THERE!!! (wheelies, ugh, i know.) the piece of the bracket is there on the nut where i attached it and so is the wiring (luckily the connectors were intact with the little boots). so this explains why i have no audible horn, no voltage @ the switch, and no time wasted on tracing out wires (although i did waste about 20 minutes on testing a switch that was totally fine).

would any kind sir in this wonderful community have one that you have basically thought of many times about throwing in the trash because you race and have absolutely no need for it (working obviously)? please help a gent out! i love you guys! (no homo) i got an inspection in may that i wont pass unless my horn goes peep peep. :grin2:
I definitely might have one kicking around in my basement, I'll check when I get home tonight, and I'm in Rhody so we could get together pretty easily.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes but i want a permanent one for the people on the road to fear me by. dont want just any peep peep, its gotta sound like stock, people will notice. @RIRC51 thanks! i dont wanna drive out to rhode island just for a horn, ill pay for shipping. (as much as i want to do some sort of bike meetup)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Bummer man, after scouring my shelves of RC stuff no horn, but, for some reason I kept 5 tipover switches... ugh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts