RC51 Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I use bel-ray moto chill. No issues with samco hoses and no complaints.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
In the end they are going to replace the hoses. I got a shipping manifest yesterday. Unfortunately they put my address in wrong, so who knows if it’s gonna show up. And yes I immediately them know, but chances are it’s left already.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Did they give a reason why the u turn? Reason being i have some on order and have already purchased the Honda coolant, so are they saying it’s safe to use Hondas own coolant now?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Did they give a reason why the u turn? Reason being i have some on order and have already purchased the Honda coolant, so are they saying it’s safe to use Hondas own coolant now?
No reason, they didn’t address any of the questions I asked at all. They just sent a shipping label. I think the back and fourth was maybe just an attempt to get me to go away? Either way, the Honda coolant shouldn’t pose an issue as it is HOAT coolant not an OAT which was the one they said would void the warranty. I plan to continue using Honda coolant and if it happens again, I’ll just ask for a refund.

Reactions: pirks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered a set of Samco hose's, not sure if orig hose's on bike or not, so I will make sure she has fresh ones.
A little over $200, worth the price of knowing they wont blow out on me in the middle of nowhere.
Are you referring to vent hoses. If so I too am looking to replace vent hoses but I wasn't sure if they were 3mm of 4mm. Any advice?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Are you referring to vent hoses. If so I too am looking to replace vent hoses but I wasn't sure if they were 3mm of 4mm. Any advice?
Sorry for the delay response, no they are radiator hoses.
I finally installed them. The most difficult was main fuel line removal from the tank, very little room to work with.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle
Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did have minor issue, the overflow line attachment point on the over flow tank, was unable to put the clamp on, not enough room for a clamp, did throw on a piece of safety wire.
A couple things....one, where did you get the case cover? looks clean. and two I was actually going to go blue hoses as well except you see how you have a single blue hose coming out of what looks like the coolant res? I want all of those hoses to be blue as well. just having a hard time finding what size hoses they are...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
A couple things....one, where did you get the case cover? looks clean. and two I was actually going to go blue hoses as well except you see how you have a single blue hose coming out of what looks like the coolant res? I want all of those hoses to be blue as well. just having a hard time finding what size hoses they are...
The case cover is from EDR out of Beaverton Or, they were custom covers they used to make years ago. after getting all the fairing pieces back on, you don't get to see too much of the new ones. Size did not pay attention lol, I ordered my set through cycle gear.. Samco sells a kit for the RC... :}

21 - 31 of 31 Posts