RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about sharing some stories of when you put your bike down.. And hopefully incurred no injuries,

I used to have a 92 yzf 600 and taking a corner on old 66 outside of bloomington IL front tire hit some gravel and BAM down we went luckily I had a helmet on and a padded jacket and the bike was a piece of crap horrible flat black paint job, bike actually wasn't so bad so picked her up and rode home, with mostly a damaged ego.

Taught myself a big lesson about keeping an eye out for gravel!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
After having ridden my NX650 Honda all the way to Greece & back to the UK with another biker buddy on his Trialie I'd gotten a little over confident. It was autumn and I was on my way through London to a Saturday evening date with a cute girl we'd met on our travels.
As I was close to her house, I over-powered it around an adverse camber corner and didn't notice autumn leaves on the tarmac. Back slipped out a lot, then as I came off the throttle without thinking (Silly, I know! :D) it gripped and spat me off like a dummy from a baby's mouth.
I was only wearing jeans & leather jacket. Ripped the pants open on one knee - with a little graze but enough blood to stain the cloth and a bruised ego. Bike was OK aside from a few scratches - which were repaired later.

I arrived late as a result. She felt sorry for me, but apparently not sorry enough for sympathy sex.... I should have hobbled more as I walked in and got her to pull my pants off on arrival. :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
I pulled my NC35 out of the garage one time to show some buddies the sound of the awesome BlueFlame can I put on it. We were all drunk. I got off the bike on the wrong side and dropped it. They laughed. I cried.

·
Registered
359 Posts
A number of years back I sold my 600 Ninja to a buddy of mine. We were up around Angeles Crest and we pulled over for a smoke break. We had pulled into an area that was mostly gravel. You see it coming don't you? Anyway - smoke break over and we mount back up and I exit from the gravel first and turn around to see my buddy on the ground with the Ninja on its right side. He picks it up and it proceeds to fall over on its left side. I was laughing so hard I almost dropped my bike. My buddy was pisssed, but after explaining what I witnessed, he also joined in the laughter for his own mishap.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
LOL on the Ninja story.... keep the memories coming! :D

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I had my 06 600rr on jack stands attempting to take off the swingarm to have powder coated. I had rear tire off and everything loose. I gave the swingarm a tug and over the bike went. That thing was completely mint prior to the tip over. I recall not being very happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts