RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you break in your one piece suits? I just picked up a new Dainese Leguna Seca 5 suit. Sizing seems to be about spot on. The only challenge I have at this time is that the suit is tight standing straight up which it should be or so I’m told. However, after a 5 hour ride today I have a fair amount of soreness in my shoulders and neck which I don’t normally experience. I also found it difficult to move around on the bike, but I know that leather will break in over time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just gotta keep wearing it.
Some walk around the house
Some put leather conditioner

I had 2 off the shelf suits. Both hurt in different areas. One, legs too long and shoulders were tight. Other.....too baggy in torso but shoulders were comfortable however it killed my knees while riding.

Sold one n shredded other.

I got a custom suit and off the hanger....perfect fit and no pain anywhere.

Some people have the model body to jump in a suit with no issues.

I don't and went custom. No ragrets....not even 1 letter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
pretty much all you can do is keep wearing it. i wouldn't heed the advice of those who suggest showering in it ETC.

leather is pretty forgiving, if you buy one that fits you perfectly when you first put it on, chances are it'll end up too loose.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pretty much all you can do is keep wearing it. i wouldn't heed the advice of those who suggest showering in it ETC.

leather is pretty forgiving, if you buy one that fits you perfectly when you first put it on, chances are it'll end up too loose.
Thanks, I have been in contact with Dainese and they have been very helpful. They said their suits will stretch up to about a half of a size which should give me the fit I need. The suppleness of the leather of my Dainese jacket versus my suit is pretty noticeable, so I expect things will work out I just need time in the suit.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Wear it as much as you can like Wibbly said. Lots of bending, kneeling and such. And one other thing: if you haven't ridden in it yet: put it on, go outside and roll around on the ground with it. Better to get a few small scuffs on it and out of the way rather than test the protective nature of the suit in a crash. Easier on both of you. Old track superstition, but I'm a believer (now anyway). ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts