RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a RC51 for sale and the mileage pictured is 1/3 of what shows up on the carfax/autocheck,
How do I tell is the picture is of the actual odometer vs the trip odometer ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found a RC51 for sale and the mileage pictured is 1/3 of what shows up on the carfax/autocheck,
How do I tell is the picture is of the actual odometer vs the trip odometer ?
A90BED20-A78F-4D86-BE58-14807517FA42.png
trip meter button to the left. have them push that to see if mileage comes up

·
Registered
60 Posts
The dash may have been swapped out. Not sure if the ECU or dash retains the mileage, but in either case, they can easily be swapped.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
The Dash itself stores the mileage

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
That’s interesting because my odometer won’t store the trip meter . Everytime I start bike it’s reset to 0 . Wonder why that happens
this is usually a sign the battery is about to go, not properly connected, or getting weak in my experience

Reactions: 1971allchaos

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Battery ? Is there a tiny battery In the clocks to hold memory ???
...no the battery to the motorcycle, located under the steat.

The dash stores odometer in non-powered memory permanently. The tripmeter is not permanent, if you disconnect the battery it will zero (or if its low on charge etc.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
...no the battery to the motorcycle, located under the steat.

The dash stores odometer in non-powered memory permanently. The tripmeter is not permanent, if you disconnect the battery it will zero (or if its low on charge etc.)
strange one so as I’ve a new battery and only noticed that happening after some major work including some wiring work. I must have a look into the wiring

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
There is a fuse labeled "odometer" that provides constant power to the dash

The wire for it is red/green and is prone to corroding in the large grey connector for the front harness

If the fuse is good check the connection in the grey connector. Pull the fuse before checking as this wire is constantly powered.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is a fuse labeled "odometer" that provides constant power to the dash

The wire for it is red/green and is prone to corroding in the large grey connector for the front harness

If the fuse is good check the connection in the grey connector. Pull the fuse before checking as this wire is constantly powered.
Thanks mate that gives me somewhere to start

1 - 11 of 11 Posts