·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
That's pretty cheap actually.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the Formula like car that I like! Way back in the day, my boss used to race Formula Ford's. I never got to drive on on the track, to this day I regret that...

I thought $300 was pretty pricy for only 1 session. But I would do it one time for the experience.

·
Registered
897 Posts
That looks super fun, ive always wanted to do that. They're 125 hp and weigh 1,000 pounds, I wonder how fast they really are? I mean, the rc is about the same hp with half the weight! I'm sure the cornering g's you'd pull on those things would be incredible though!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
Back about 10 years ago, there was company in Europe that did something similar, but the cars were actual F1 cars from the late '80s to early '90s.
That meant cars running 3 litre Cosworth DFV and Renault V-10s (no turbo cars).
Cost about 3000 EU for the package (hotel, food, etc.).
Too rich for my blood, but it would have been awesome to drive one of those cars!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Back about 10 years ago, there was company in Europe that did something similar, but the cars were actual F1 cars from the late '80s to early '90s.
That meant cars running 3 litre Cosworth DFV and Renault V-10s (no turbo cars).
Cost about 3000 EU for the package (hotel, food, etc.).
Too rich for my blood, but it would have been awesome to drive one of those cars!
Holy monkey that would be fun

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Racing cars are always fun. Do it Jondog9 - but you'll probably find yourself searching Craigslist for a similar car & a trailer shortly afterwards, or at least a shifter cart! :D

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
There was a guy I used to do (Car) endurance racing with before, who bought a cheap formula car for fun... He soon found it very expensive to run, store, maintain, etc. but got totally hooked line & sinker. He now does track-days in an ex F3 car. He can afford it so that's OK I guess - but it's nuts...

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
There was a guy I used to do (Car) endurance racing with before, who bought a cheap formula car for fun... He soon found it very expensive to run, store, maintain, etc. but got totally hooked line & sinker. He now does track-days in an ex F3 car. He can afford it so that's OK I guess - but it's nuts...
Back in '00 and '01, when I attended the F1 races at Indy, I was walking around the vintage F1 cars and struck a conversation with the owner of a Tyrrell.
He said the car only cost a bit over $20K to buy, but cost $60K/year to maintain.
The sound of a Cosworth DFV or DFY engine at full song is still music to behold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts