RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was curious, for those of you who have dynoed, what kind of horsepower are you getting, also with what mods? Who has the highest HP here? I know the RC's stock HP isn't anything spectacular.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm curious, too. I'm not too far away from changing my stock-as-a-rock SP into one with Akra' slipons, a PC and (maybe)K&N's. The flapper valve mod' is a likely thing, too. The toss up on the K&N's is more due to those on here saying the standard filters are fine, and will flow enough air...
Either way, the plan is to dyno the standard set up for a base figure, then add the cans, PC and the base map to see how it looks, then tune it to 'just right' specs to get the final figure.
My initial impression of my bike, and having flashbacks to our old demo' bikes at the shop, is that they're 'strangled' from the factory to keep the wowsers happy, then we go and free 'em up... I can't wait for that big V Twin BOOM that I've missed so much!

·
Registered
389 Posts
ah yes, the v twin boom is special!!!
stock should be about 115-120hp.
i've got scorpions slip ons. in the next week or two i'm going to put on a k&n, new plugs, and do the flapper mod. then i'll be getting to the dyno. i'll let you know what it does. hopefully be able to post a graph.
i'll be happy withh 120.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok here is the skinny. i have 2000 rc51,2brothers,k&n, done the flapper. just got back from bike night tonight. i dynoed and got 112.98hp
SOULD I BE HAPPY OR DISAPONITED!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok here is the skinny. i have 2000 rc51,2brothers,k&n, done the flapper. just got back from bike night tonight. i dynoed and got 112.98hp
I was hoping that you would have a little more but maybe this is normal.

·
Registered
863 Posts

VERY DISAPOINTED !!!!

That is extremely low. Do you have a power commander? It sounds to me like your bike is extremely out of tune for the mods you've done.

I was hoping that you would have a little more but maybe this is normal.
THIS IS NOT NORMAL IT SHOULD BE HIGHER

·
Registered
389 Posts
i just dynoed my bike. these are the numbers. they are about what i expected.

118hp at 9220rpm
69.3ftlb at 8114rpm
12.5-13 stoich readings(a/f)

112 seems a bit low. did you get your a/f readings? is your curve smooth?

pm me with an address and i'll send you my graph.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i just dynoed my bike. these are the numbers. they are about what i expected.

118hp at 9220rpm
69.3ftlb at 8114rpm
12.5-13 stoich readings(a/f)

112 seems a bit low. did you get your a/f readings? is your curve smooth?

pm me with an address and i'll send you my graph.
WHEN I DYNOED I ONLY GOT HP. DIDN'T WANT BIKE APART FOR FUEL AND AIR AND TORQUE BUT NEXT WEEK I WILL

·
Registered
389 Posts
bike apart? mine only involved putting a long sensor down the exhaust pipe.

also, another rc51 was done a while back. it did 120hp.

i see a pm and if it's you i'll have the graph to you right away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i just pulled 113.89 in an All gear Tonight in school and I did a 4th gear roll on and pulled 113.67 All i have is a pc3 on it. next week some time i am going to put sato highmounts on and will run it again in class ill try for a torque reading also

·
Registered
25 Posts
i just pulled 113.89 in an All gear Tonight in school and I did a 4th gear roll on and pulled 113.67 All i have is a pc3 on it. next week some time i am going to put sato highmounts on and will run it again in class ill try for a torque reading also
looks like were in the same boat . thanks for input

·
Registered
25 Posts
ya i hope i get the problem fixed .gettin ready to go to bike store for some plugs and talk to machanic. i'm goin to try again this thursday

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dan Kyle claims around 130 with the Sato low pipe and a Power Commander using his program. My bike has this setup, and it feels pretty good (no dyno yet), but clearly not in the ballpark with my 10R, which makes 160 RWHP and weighs around 35 pounds less. It sounds a lot better 'though.

Performance Bikes (UK) touted a tuner there who can get around 145 at the wheel for around $2200 US in mods.

·
Registered
40 Posts
my race bike makes 135 and change.

* Brand new SDS Performance motor in it. The motor has JE
high compression pistons, polished intakes, nice valve job, and lightened
crank. Soft limiter mod has been done and all the pair valve stuff is gone.

* 135.3 horsepower and 78 lbs/ft of torque.
* New clutch
* Yosh exhaust
* PCIIIR with a custom dyno tuned map by SDS Performance.
* GP Suspension front end
* Penske shock in the rear. The suspension is set up for 185-200 lb rider.
* Carbon Lorraine race pads up front with -2 braided lines.
* Woodcraft clip ons
* PP Tuning rear sets
* Billet clutch cover
* GPR steering damper and stay

1 - 20 of 28 Posts