RC51 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who just got a 06 RC51 after a devorce. It has two 35 or less MPH low sides (one on each side). The cans have been replace but the plastics still have scratches and the tank has a small dent on the left side. The fluids all got changed at the recommented service times. She is looking to sell bike. What do you thing she should ask?

·
Registered
34 Posts
$2500 max, those plastics and that tank are quite expensive even if you can find them used. At this point its probably better for her to just keep it and use it as a trackbike so she doesnt have to worry about the cosmetics. Not to mention the little minor stuff that may have got bent/tweaked/broken from each of the crashes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just paid $6600 for my 06 with 10k miles; purchased
from a dealer though, and still had to pay sales taxes,
etc. Realistically she could probably get $3000 for it.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
For an '06, NADA shows a high of $7700 and low of $5905.
Each side cowl cost $391.
So she could try and get $5000 for it, unless the tank is really dented.
If it's a minor dent, painless dent removal might be able to massage those dents out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
$2500 max, those plastics and that tank are quite expensive even if you can find them used. At this point its probably better for her to just keep it and use it as a trackbike so she doesnt have to worry about the cosmetics. Not to mention the little minor stuff that may have got bent/tweaked/broken from each of the crashes.
ignore this guy, $5000-$5500 is a good price, remember thought its kind of a specialty bike and a bit harder to sell vs a gsxr1000 or r1 so check your local cragslist to make sure bikes arent going dirt cheap around there

·
Registered
53 Posts
ignore this guy, $5000-$5500 is a good price, remember thought its kind of a specialty bike and a bit harder to sell vs a gsxr1000 or r1 so check your local cragslist to make sure bikes arent going dirt cheap around there
$5,000 to $5,600 for a damaged RC is a great price but to bad it will never happen unless the seller finds a sucker. Since it needs bodywork the fact that it is an 06 means nothing. Might as well just buy an 02 and put 06 plastic on it and save the coin.......

·
Registered
67 Posts
$5,000 to $5,600 for a damaged RC is a great price but to bad it will never happen unless the seller finds a sucker. Since it needs bodywork the fact that it is an 06 means nothing. Might as well just buy an 02 and put 06 plastic on it and save the coin.......
are you going on the assumption that the plastics are destroyed, no pics, we cant tell, but if its only minor scratches buffing and a new sticker may fix it. shut up till you know more, and an 02 and 06 are not equal retard. check nada and shut up

·
Registered
53 Posts
are you going on the assumption that the plastics are destroyed, no pics, we cant tell, but if its only minor scratches buffing and a new sticker may fix it. shut up till you know more, and an 02 and 06 are not equal retard. check nada and shut up
I am assuming that the plastics need replacing to make the bike nice. Typically sliding the pig down the road on both sides at 35mph have a tendency to do that to plastic.
Thanks for calling me a retard. I won't lower myself to your level but suffice to day NADA does not buy bikes. Typically a RC51 buyer is an educated cyclist who knows the bike and knows that SP2's are all the same save for color.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reality is you can't give RC's away these days. I paid $5500 for my 05 last summer and it had a lot of nice aftermarket stuff on it. I just sold an 04 for $2500 in race glass. In Florida, they are bringing $3500 to $4500 with no damage. The bike market is down and RC's have a small following. Good luck with your (her) sale. IF she just wants to get rid of it, price it cheap and be done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Reality is you can't give RC's away these days. I paid $5500 for my 05 last summer and it had a lot of nice aftermarket stuff on it. I just sold an 04 for $2500 in race glass. In Florida, they are bringing $3500 to $4500 with no damage. The bike market is down and RC's have a small following. Good luck with your (her) sale. IF she just wants to get rid of it, price it cheap and be done.
$4500 for my 2005 last summer is what I paid. you can ask whatever you want but selling prices are a whole different story. My seller was asking $7500 and it just sat until he finally agreed to my price.

·
Registered
98 Posts
$4500 for my 2005 last summer is what I paid. you can ask whatever you want but selling prices are a whole different story. My seller was asking $7500 and it just sat until he finally agreed to my price.
Similar situation when I bought my 06 a couple months ago. The dealer turned down a $7200 offer late last year and kicked himself ever since, the bike sitting dormant in his showroom for seveal months afterwards. He eventually cut his price to $6600 to move the bike. Perhaps I paid too much, but the bike was clean with no apparent damage and had some nice aftermarket items (swingarm spools, frame sliders, Vortex sprockets and new Jardene slip ons). The RC51, like the VFR and Blackbird, generally appeals to a more knowledgeable rider and as such, falls into a tight market niche. NADA is a general guide for pricing, but bottom line is that the bike will only sell for what someone is willing to pay. Price it realistically and sell it quick.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Here in Singapore can cost u nearly $8-$10k for SP2 as for SP1$7-8k...Sing dolllars

1 - 16 of 16 Posts