RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been puzzled a couple of times so far about which bike I should vote in favor of.

So I broke it down to find a guideline to which I could depend on deciding.

However I am not sure if I'm on the right path, so that's why I discuss it in public. This way at least I can make sure I am not the only one on this way of thinking.

So.....

Should I go for the best looking?

For example:
Personally I hate the Black scheme ('05-'06 models). If an '03 USA models is next to a Euro '03 model (White-gray) I like the Euro better, to look at.

But that would be unfair if the '05 or the '03 US had plenty of stuff on them (Brembo, Marchesini etc) and tones of owner's labor against a stock Euro '03 with a couple of yoshi slip ons, for example.

That's when I come across a big dilemma: should I go for the loaded one or the one I like it's view the most..... ? ? ?

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
ive always thought of it as, if i didnt own a rc51 which one would i want?
and then there is the factor of how good the actual picture of the bike is

honestly its what catches your eye and what you personally like, i dont believe there should be any set rules/guidelines for BOTM

that being said. come dance with the Devil haha

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
I go for personality.
Not necessarily best modded, but clean.
Not most expensive either, most of us cannot afford crazy expensive stuff.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I've never put much thought into my criteria, till now :) but now I realize I usually just go for the coolest looking one ... could even be totally stock ... the bike's pose plays a very big part ... for instance I prefer 'em on a rear stand rather than leaning on the kickstand. And I tend to prefer the rear, rear/side or side over almost any front angle views ... but then I am a butt man moreso than a boob man.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
There is no selection criteria. You vote based on your own opinion.

I had noticed in the past a pattern where many bikes won based on the amount of mods performed ("bling factor").
Unfortunately not everybody can afford to throw oodles of money at a bike, and on that basis it was looking at bit unfair.
And then some months, we'd only receive 1 entry. So it evened out after a while.

I was pondering at that time of separating entries into two categories, modified and unmodified, but that would make the process more complicated.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
There is no selection criteria. You vote based on your own opinion.
Agree 100% that's the way it should be, as simple as that.

I had noticed in the past a pattern where many bikes won based on the amount of mods performed ("bling factor").
Unfortunately not everybody can afford to throw oodles of money at a bike, and on that basis it was looking at bit unfair.
I'm glad you didn't act on this, though. It sounds like liberalism! i.e. "Everybody's a winner; nobody can be a loser; we must make everything 100% fair." I feel like if a guy feels that lots o' mods is what it takes to get votes, he can either choose to spend his money on mods, or just submit his bike as-is and take his chances. It's a cold, hard world :p

In fact, this month's BOTM is a good example: The bike with the most mods is very very nice, but isn't winning ... an apparent stocker (except cans & stabilizer) is currently winning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts