RC51 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Wingnutt, are you still able to turn down NGK's ???? for this mod ???
I have a full set of coils.....just want the right plugs....I have always used NGK's.
Let me know.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Wingnutt, are you still able to turn down NGK's ???? for this mod ???
I have a full set of coils.....just want the right plugs....I have always used NGK's.
Let me know.
Send me your addy E- mail and postal, But only you get a set they take sooo much patience if I ever do a box I will post-up here ;)

Then I will do the ifr9h11's on my desk in the morning :D and @ $50.00 an hour plus retal dealer list @ 27.44 per plug I think $100.00 bucks plus shipping is fair :eek::eek::eek:
J/K :D
I will ship tommorow :cool:

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Great HOWTO, doing this mod now:D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Mine seemed to start quicker just sayin' less thumb time on the button,could have been a result of new plugs ?

Also, on the front oem coil there is a mile long hard to reach 10 mm screw between the frame and stuff what I did was wrapped teflon tape around my socket and once the screw was broken loose pulledon the tape and the bolt was out ;)

If you have a lathe take .005 or less passes down to .150 and a 60 deg tool every .030 and go .030 deep these are fragile ;)

Nice write-up !

And remeber if you have Jack Russel Terriers they can steal your ngk plugs put them in your snowmobile ride it without asking and warm themselves-up in the clothes drier !!!:D
Can "SALLIE" come over to help ?

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just did this. Front coil was hard to get to but its done. I did grind the tips on the old plugs. It seemed easier to fire up. I noticed the plugs looked ancient so I ordered new densos. Will have them tomorrow. Then we will see how she fires up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ok time to clear this up for myself coz my dumb anus still don't get it. Lol. I have the cbr600 coil sticks ready to go and I have IFR9H11's that I will be playing around with my dremel on. The part I don't understand is about the Denso plugs. I read that the honda replacements, IK27PRZ11 and VK27PRZ11 do not have the removable tip, but the universal IK27's do? However, you need to gap the IK27's? And also, we should be careful with the iridium tips when gapping? Haha. Please keep it simple for this guy. Haha
Just saw the IK27C11's but they are sp1 plugs and not sp2? Man who would've thought I'd be this perplexed off of dang spark plugs. Ahahaha

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
I hear ya man.
After I ordered the wrong Densos for when I did the mod. I spent hours to days researching sparkplugs.
Now I know more than I ever cared to know about sparkplugs. :rolleyes:

Share the knowledge brother! Haha.. Saw u had the VK27PRZ11's right. What did you end up using?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Mine seemed to start quicker just sayin' less thumb time on the button,could have been a result of new plugs ?

Also, on the front oem coil there is a mile long hard to reach 10 mm screw between the frame and stuff what I did was wrapped teflon tape around my socket and once the screw was broken loose pulledon the tape and the bolt was out ;)

If you have a lathe take .005 or less passes down to .150 and a 60 deg tool every .030 and go .030 deep these are fragile ;)

Nice write-up !

And remeber if you have Jack Russel Terriers they can steal your ngk plugs put them in your snowmobile ride it without asking and warm themselves-up in the clothes drier !!!:D
Man, I would love to reach out and turn down some more NGK's for you guys but the last set I did for one of "DUCKIES" friends not only took forever to get lathe time but I broke the first plug on the last pass and the next two were 25 minutes each (paranoia set in) he had given me 4 and @ anywhere from $9 to $26 a piece I just plain told myself I cannot offer the service anymore. :(

Oh and don't forgrt to visit post # 20 for the dog pictures...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks fellas. Wingnutt, I remember seeing your posts about turning the NGKs. I dont have access to a lathe or a bench grinder. All I have is a lil ol dremel. Lol. I was gonna play around with my old NGKs before I destroy a set of new ones. In the meantime, after many searches and pulling hairs out, I will just get the IK27 5312's that others have gotten and gap em. Lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Man, I would love to reach out and turn down some more NGK's for you guys but the last set I did for one of "DUCKIES" friends not only took forever to get lathe time but I broke the first plug on the last pass and the next two were 25 minutes each (paranoia set in) he had given me 4 and @ anywhere from $9 to $26 a piece I just plain told myself I cannot offer the service anymore. :(

Oh and don't forgrt to visit post # 20 for the dog pictures...
Hey Wing, I am still appreciative of your work. Sorry it was such a pita. The 2 plugs at least let me get the setup installed.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yep and still have them too. Do you want them? They're for sale.

I ended up getting and gaping a set IK27's. After doing that, it all went together smooth.
Haha no thanks man. I ordered some ik27s earlier today. I am already working on taking out the OEM coils and wires and getting it all wired up and ready to go so I can just throw them in once they get here. Man o man, taking out the front coil was a PITA! The bottom bolt was ridiculous. Haha. All is going smooth otherwise. How do you like the Denso plugs? I have always used NGK since my first tune up on my honda rice rockets. I think I may have used Densos once before, but I dont remember making a big deal about it. Seems not too many people like the Denso plugs on the piggy.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts