RC51 Forums banner

how to lower????

8K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  BTopp 
#1 ·
im relatively short 5' 8'' and have a hard time with my bike at stock ride height. 2003 rc51. is there any way i can lower it so im not tip toeing everywhere? even 1 to 2 inches would be awesome

#2 ·
I too am just a tad over 5'8".... however, I have no issue, even while running a 190/55. Lowering it will adversely affect the handling. But if you must to give you that extra bit of confidence, you can pick up a set of lowering links from ebay. They have adjustable's, as well as muti-hole sets.
As for the front end, I recommend lowering it equal to what ever you lower the rear. To lower the front, you loosen the clip-ons, the upper fork clamp, and the lower fork clamp... do not make them too loose. Slower lower the upper clamp down the tube's. Make sure you measure the forks to keep them equal height above the upper clamp.

Mo

#3 ·
ebay. 126$shipped for adjustable rear lowering links. it lowers rear up to 1.5" and then you just slide the forks thru the triple tree abut .75" to level it all out and youll be good. handling slightly compromised but how often do you really go drag your knees? personally im a fan of stretched and im 6'4" so i do it b.c its what i ike but i say go for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.