RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so i got a pcll in a parts trade and when i install it on my sp2 the bike dies if i let go of the throttle. I contacted dynojett and they said its the wrong unit thats its for a vfr800 not an rc51. I dont know how they would know that when i never even told them the current map loaded on it. But my question is how would i know if they are correct or not

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope just said it was a pc2 and if it matters i did not splice it into the bike. it just plugged right in

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also the map sticker on the back says m105-001 map . i looked andcant seem to find any maps close to that

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't have a lot of experience with the PCII, however, did you load any maps to sync with the exhaust and air filters? You may have already done that, but you never know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i have got a couple maps to load that are for my upgrades but the bike keeps dying when i let off the throttle

·
Registered
240 Posts
heres a suggestion. how far is the idler turned up? may be a stupid question but sometimes it helps to start with the basics. you may be more advanced than me i was just trying to help. did the bike run fine before the pcII? is there a ground wire on the pcII harness? you said you just plugged her in. i noticed that ldh is saying you have an sp1 pcII, i guess theres your problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes when I bought it the guy told me it was map for an SP one I was just thinking I can load a new map onto it because it is for the RC51 order as the manufacturer is trying to tell me it's for the VFR as well as I will check the idle but it did run fine with the stock computer so can I just change the map to an SP2 map?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And yes there was a ground wire and yes I hook it directly to the battery on the negative side

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
you have to put a proper map in before you use it. if you haven't loaded a map why are you expecting it to work properly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not sure if it helps at all but i took a couple pics the first 2 are of a map i can get to load although bike still wont stay running with this map it does load the second 2 are of a 114 map which is the sp2 map correct? which the tables are different and when i try to load it i get an error saying incompadable

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts