RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
ill send some more options to you when i get a little free time this weekend. i may also order some.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I think that ship sailed long ago.
HRC anything mostly dried up about 5 years ago.
However, it's possible some warehouse somewhere in the world may have a set.

·
Registered
606 Posts
What was the performance difference between the HRC injectors and the stock ones?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I have no idea, except possibly higher fuel flow capability.
The HRC injector part number is 06164-NL6-003 (Qty. 4 required).

BTW The Complete Racer fuel pressure was 57 PSI at idle, as opposed to 50 PSI for the OEM RC51.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Yeah you can still find some parts fairly easy. I bought my tuner box brand new last year. You can still get the steering damper and all the hardware for it as well. Its the big items you can't get anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
yeah, that is the thing with HRC parts. Its a puzzle that requires many pieces to make one thing work correctly. The ECU's are different, the wiring is different, the TB's are different, etc.

Like Makis said, you can probably install them but without the ECU it may be pointless.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wouldn't go the HRC injector route on a relatively stock bike. As others have stated, it would probably require the rest of the FI setup including ECU to work properly. Injectors can have very different behaviour, especially in the partly loaded range.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
You are right. They have different part numbers. Which does not surprise me since they changed the TB's for the SP2

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
There are even greater differences between the HRC TB's and SP1 and SP2

1 - 20 of 29 Posts