RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05'. I went to pull in the clutch and felt a click in the lever...i thought that the clutch cable had snaped but then remembered that it is hydraulic. I can't get my bike to get into first (or probably any gear for that matter). I am honestly dont know much about fixing this bike but would love to see if there is a "fix" for this problem. I had just replaced the battery and then this happened before i could test drive it. the only option i have so far is to have it towed to a dealer to look at it but the tow alone is gonna run me over $100. what can i do to fix it?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
1. Is there any fluid residue which could indicate the master or slave cylinders, or hose may have failed?
2. Are the bolts securing the slave cylinder and sprocket cover in place and tight?
2a. If the slave cylinder or sprocket cover bolts were loose, the slave cylinder may have popped of the bore, but it would also leave fluid residue.
3. You may need to pull the clutch cover and check the condition of the clutch springs and bolts.
3a. If ok, then remove the pressure plate and check the release bearing in the pressure plate.

These are about the only things I can think of that can cause a clunk with no lever pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts