RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever have someone do something for you and you thought, "wow, they totally did something for me that I thought I could never do!" Well apparently that person and my bike met today. My 11 year old fairings were looking too new for this decade so a thoughtful stranger decided to help me out and put a nice crack, all the way through mind you-no half ass work for my bike, on the right side in the rear cowl below the rear bolts on the riders seat. Luckily said stranger wasn't here when I got home so I couldn't return the favor. He really missed out. I have a magical Glock 19 that grants wishes if you put your head up to the barrel.

So, I can get a full replacement, new OEM, with matching seat cowl for around $380. Going to trade the silver tail for the black tail just need to make sure that it was the only tail used on the 03's so I don't screw up the order. Any objections? This, ladies and gentlemen is why you get $100 deductible comp.

Pics later after I get done cleaning das motorrad.

·
Registered
606 Posts
speechless.....sorry bro....that does suck

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Bright side is that I get to change my rear cowl sooner and I'm going to do a repair on the old one and start my SHTF collection of spare body parts.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sucks to hear but good thing you were covered, I have been skating around with the minimum but I think this year im going to load her up cause the dollars are adding up on this thing and wouldn't want to have to fix anything out of pocket cause that would kill me..

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
wow....amazing to me how people don't take responsibility for their actions. Sorry to hear about this man, at least the damage is not too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I feel for you Hig. I had a knobend t-bone my truck in the parking lot at the dealership a couple years ago. Caved in the drivers and rear door so the ***head knew he hit it. Had it been one of my bikes, God knows how much damage would have ben done, the bill for my truck was $2900:eek: Really sucks that people have no stones between their legs and can't pony up for their own acts:mad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
How do you suspect that they did such a thing and why? That plastic seems to be awful tough!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably drunk. I live in a pretty nice little gated townhouse/apartment community but a few neighbors like to have their moron friends over. I was trying to figure out how it cracked myself. There's a little mud on the panel that you can notice and if you know me there is never mud on my bike, well the fairings at least...I had elongated the Frankenbolt holes to eliminate any tension in the plastic. And I clean the bike nearly every other day and inspect every square inch. It also is cracked on one side, the other shows no signs of stress. This also happens to be the side facing our parking spot which was taken by a non-resident the night prior. I had left that AM and not looked at the bike (closely :D). Going to do well with the claim. CycleCentral has the parts for 349 fairing and 27 seat cowl and that will be for the black tail with silver plates. I'm going to do a glass repair on the crack and keep the stock tail because I'm a parts whore. Working on what to do with the excess insurance money....

Here's le da-mage.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I am just glad the forum decal survived....:D

Looks like some phuck stick kicked it, to which you should richly repay this person.

·
Registered
158 Posts
yea, deff looks like some moron kicked the bike for being parked too close to his spot.. probably too drunk to figure out where the end of the spot is, and too dumb to realize you can get kicked back. typical.

let me tell you my fun parking lot story:
every time i drive or ride somewhere, i try to park as far away from crowded parking lots as i can, edge of the lot, or last spot on the side. this way, i can squeeze all the way to the edge of the spot and allow for human error. well, this weekend i drive with my wife to get some dinner, and the place is near a dunkin donuts. so in my regular fashion, i park all the way to the left of the last spot on the left.

as we are walking in i look back at my truck and see a corolla, with two girls in it, parking right next to my truck, over the line, the girls come out of the car, obviously touch the car with their door, rub all over it with their shoulder. all while i could park a boeing 737 in there without touching anyone.

i wait for them to disappear into the dunkin donuts, and proceed to park my truck within a 1/2 inch from her drivers door, wtill well within my spot. i make sure we get a window seat in the restaurant and watch the stupid look on the girls face trying to figure out how did a durango move over 15" and is blocking her door now. she had to climb over from the pass side.. we got some laughs.

stupidity and dis-concern with other peoples property some people have is beyond my understanding.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well done sir. I deal with thoughtless ignorant people and drivers daily here( its really bad) Makes me really miss Germany where there was respect on the road and an expectation of responsibility. I've started honking at people and waving at them when I see them doing dumb shit like backing out of parking spaces while on the phone (today) or waiting for me to leave so they can go the wrong way through the exit gates into my community ( today as well). Wish I could just take their license and burn it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts