RC51 Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Along with the bike included the Honda oem Nicky sticker kit that was never installed, seemed silly to me not to put it on so I did, it included all but one tail AMA sticker so in it's place a perfect spot for the US flag 69. Having done this sticker kit once before on a set of fairings for one my 02's it was alot easier 2nd time around, everything came out great, no issues! :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Gorgeous bike. If you decide to let go of one of your '02s, DM me.
Thank you Capn and will do sir! (y)

Which one of my 02's would you be more interested in, one is 100% oem stock and the other has some nice add's like OZ wheels, full ti Akrapovic, Fox rear shock, etc. I love them both but can't decide if I were to let one go which one that might be? :unsure:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Late to the party, but wow, that looks great. Not being in the market I hadn't realized RC's were appreciating to that dollar level.

Anyway, my '03 has never ever looked that nice. You have inspired me to spend some time in the garage to give it some TLC. (and a new battery--current one is from the PO, sticker says 2/14).

Thanks as always for posting the pics. Buy a few more!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Your buddies shop is EDR Performance? Humble brag, LOL
Yep, I've been good friends with Eric for coming up on 40 years, we started riding together back in the 80's long before EDR was started. I remember when he was still in high school wrenching at his dad's shop (D&S cycle over by Nona Amelias in Aloha, also his grampa RIP owned the Tigard D&S), wow that was so long ago Eric still had hair lol. Anyways yes we go waaaay back, here's a couple pics from back in the day when I wadded my ZX7 up at Spokane, back then EDR was mostly focused only on track day support, good times, damn we're getting old now. He's done well growing his shop and the EDR brand over the years and oh my do they build some really sick rides for folks around the world these days! Good dude and great shop, they are the only place I let wrench on my bikes anymore! :giggle:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I did not know his family ran D&S. I used to go to the Aloha shop all the time for my dirt bike parts and tires. Small world.
Small world indeed, and feels like it keeps getting smaller, there's a part of me that misses the old days of bike shops and wrenching but there's some of the new world that sure is fun, dyno's & ECU flashes getting 10+% gains for only a couple hundred bucks and an hours work on the newer bikes is for sure a win! :cool:

Take care Johnny, I'm sure we'll cross paths sooner or later around the Portland area! (y)

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you Capn and will do sir! (y)

Which one of my 02's would you be more interested in, one is 100% oem stock and the other has some nice add's like OZ wheels, full ti Akrapovic, Fox rear shock, etc. I love them both but can't decide if I were to let one go which one that might be? :unsure:
Probably both out of my budget, the RCs just seem to keep going up even as the overall used bike market is softening.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Probably both out of my budget, the RCs just seem to keep going up even as the overall used bike market is softening.
They do have alot going for them with the winning history and uniqueness etc, I hope the values continue to go up, but also hope you're able to find another one Capn, take care and reach out anytime if you change your mind sir, I'm in no rush.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts