RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting on this bike to come up for sale since last fall. 06 model. Finally did and I got it. Supposed to pay for the rest of it Tuesday and pick it up later in the week when it dries out. Now to start looking for some carbon and a few other small goodies. Too nice to go crazy on it tho. One owner and the mileage is correct!

Nick

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Sweet bike! - I think most of us would be tempted if we found a rare unused example like that. Well done for having the patience to wait till the right one came along. It paid dividends. :)

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys.... it ended up costing me a little more since the guy brought into a local shop to consign it. I knew of the bike last year but not how to get ahold of the guy. The local shop is treating me right tho. Too nice to pass up. Now I know where that new ohlins rear shock I have laying around is going.:D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That is some seriously low mileage, ain't even broken in yet! :D :)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
What did you give up to get this? I know you stated your wife was about to castrate you for your last purchase.:eek:

Nice to see a low mileage bike go to a good home.:cool:

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MB. I think she finally gave up. Honestly she's a real gem about my addiction. I'm very lucky to be married to her.

JD... thanks.. I had a possible choice between this 1 owner stock gem or a 3 owner 04 with some mods (but a very nice bike) for a little less money. I think I made the right decision.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
MB. I think she finally gave up. Honestly she's a real gem about my addiction. I'm very lucky to be married to her.

JD... thanks.. I had a possible choice between this 1 owner stock gem or a 3 owner 04 with some mods (but a very nice bike) for a little less money. I think I made the right decision.
So now is the decision, what to ride to Indy:rolleyes::D

Or....the Firebird has you covered if she ever decides to sell you off.:eek::p

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I told her I was going to pay for the bike today and she told me "You're going to be paying for it for a long time!". Yikes..:eek:

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I told her I was going to pay for the bike today and she told me "You're going to be paying for it for a long time!". Yikes..:eek:
Truth!
Reminds me of a cute little set of coffee cups my ex-wife used to have.
One had a rooster, standing all tall and proud. It said "I rule the roost!"
The other had a picture of a hen. It said, "I rule the rooster".
One day I dropped and broke the hen cup.
The rest is history...
:p

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Paid for it today and will pick it up when it quits raining here. Probably late Fri or Sat morning. Now I'll have to get ahold of Simon for some tasty bits of bling for it.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Truth!
Reminds me of a cute little set of coffee cups my ex-wife used to have.
One had a rooster, standing all tall and proud. It said "I rule the roost!"
The other had a picture of a hen. It said, "I rule the rooster".
One day I dropped and broke the hen cup.
The rest is history...
:p
Fate has a certain way of screwing you sometimes, doesn't it.:eek:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ok, so John keeps his 03 out on the east side of Indy. Motleyfan keeps his bikes in Allen County. I'll take the rest of Central Indiana. We can't have our 3 bikes in the same place at the same time. It's like crossing the streams. Then again, outside of his annual ride out west during shutdown, John never rides his anyway. He just stares at it in the garage.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Correction. 4 bikes in the same place. Lol

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Ok, so John keeps his 03 out on the east side of Indy. Motleyfan keeps his bikes in Allen County. I'll take the rest of Central Indiana. We can't have our 3 bikes in the same place at the same time. It's like crossing the streams. Then again, outside of his annual ride out west during shutdown, John never rides his anyway. He just stares at it in the garage.
Says the guy who puts 100 miles on his bike in two years.....for fuck sake man!:eek::rolleyes::D

Let me know when you get the ankle bracelet off and you can leave the state.:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts