RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I've been on the hunt for an RC51. Well yesterday evening I finally had the funds to pickup my SP1. I've got a few SP2 mods waiting (swingarm, and possibly header mod).

The skinny:

It's a 2001
I'm the 3rd owner
Has 10.7k miles
ALL ORIGINAL - It have the OEM windscreen as well
Always garage kept and adult owned

Came with: seat cowl, passenger seat, manual, and tool kit.

The glare is terrible from the cellphone picture. But it looks like it came from the showroom floor. He also threw in the RAM mount.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Congrats and "welcome" back. Looks like a great find!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Indeed! She needs some new sneakas' though, they are pretty worn flat.
That could be a good or bad sign. She was either babied and never saw any lean angles or, some ahole liked to do burnouts:mad:

Either way, congratulations and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That could be a good or bad sign. She was either babied and never saw any lean angles or, some ahole liked to do burnouts:mad:

Either way, congratulations and enjoy!
The guy put miles on it for his work (Garmin). They were testing a motoecyle gps system on it that had TPMS.

I wanted the gps system but he wouldn't work it in :p

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Bike looks great - Enjoy! :)

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
WOW! A completely stock SP1.....never ever thought I'd see one of those again, awesome find! Good job Craig ..?:cool:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Nice clean bike. Good find. I probably wouldn't bother with the SP2 swinger as the SP2 also had frame changes in addition to the swingarm that made it better handling, which shouldn't be noticeable on the street anyway (hopefully not driving that fast and hard). The bike is likely worth more unmolested too.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice clean bike. Good find. I probably wouldn't bother with the SP2 swinger as the SP2 also had frame changes in addition to the swingarm that made it better handling, which shouldn't be noticeable on the street anyway (hopefully not driving that fast and hard). The bike is likely worth more unmolested too.
I know the swap is a popular mod for SP1's. Plus, I already have the swingarm and Andy's sleeves.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts