RC51 Forums banner

i made it!

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Polarbear 
#1 · (Edited)
got up early and managed to limp my rc to the motorcycle garage and its in good hands now. it didnt go without a fight tho, it started doing a bit of everything tbh:

clutch couldnt get the bike into first and kept slipping
it started running on one cylinder again after 5 min of riding
it had a fuel warning light, but didnt want to stop on the way, in case it refused to start again and id make a dick of myself on the petrol station floor court, so i rode past it and kept going and it ran out of fuel just short of the motorcycle garage. so i had an early morning 200meter rc51 push workout:)

the guy will be changing the oil and filter and catch tank (providing he doesnt have an probs with that bastard sump plug bolt)

coolant and air filters, panel screw replacements.

brake fluid change, i did the front and rear pads myself along with new brake and clutch levers so the brakes will feel awesome once done.

clutch fluid change, which hopefully will help sort the clutch slippage and 1st gear select probs.

spark plugs, which should fix the running on one cylinder and lazy startup probs.

hes gonna have to keep it in over night as ive also asked him to extend my sidestand and hes noticed a bit of play in the rear wheel.

so im gonna leave it with him as long as he needs it, then bend over a desk and take whatever charges hit me like a good boy.

but my rc should be pretty sorted after hes done with it and ready for good times ahead. fingers crossed it goes smoothly, ill be hearing the news tomo

See less See more
#6 ·
yeah, think the prev owner had it as a daily runner and when it came to service time and when the bike needed a bit of an overhaul he sold it off cheap. i kinda expected this, so im prepared for a big bill as i didnt pay alot for the rc. the reson i chose this one was cos it has the sp2 engine and swing arm and new shock with new exhausts:D

but id pay anything as long as i get peace of mind and many years of enjoyment from my rc. plus after this it will hopefully be basic maintenace it needs, which i can handle.

gave the guy a nice new shiny replacement sump bolt to put on it wen the old one comes off

#4 ·
It NEVER is, that's why they are called STEALERSHIPS !!!!!
I learned very very young and am still learning now. But I do most/all my own work.....unless I just do not know, or it's too risky... as my life is at stake with anything related to two wheels or 4 for that matter.:)

#14 ·
The next small mod I am doing is the coil stick mod. Helps with a few things, shaves yet even more weight and less crap bolted to the sub frame with a few less wires going under the rear of the tank.
I have two extra coils as I had to buy all 4 and the harness if anyone is interested.??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.