RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK recently my 02 rc51 started like sputtering around 3k rpms under power I changed the plugs an still doing it dam it I'm frustrated I hate riding it with it doing that

any help will be appreciated
thank u in advance

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Does it have a Power commander on it> If so, disconnect it and then try it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've had several customers with bad fuel pressure regulators sputter at a given RPM (usually increasing problems) with speed.

It might be worth getting a service manual for the bike and seeing what symptoms to rule out. It's hard to guide in a direction with "sputtering" as a condition unless I'm missing something.

It could be electronics, a bad ground, roasted rings, wrong plugs, ignition converter, ECU, clogged injectors, bad sensor of some sort... the list goes on and on.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I've had several customers with bad fuel pressure regulators sputter at a given RPM (usually increasing problems) with speed.

It might be worth getting a service manual for the bike and seeing what symptoms to rule out. It's hard to guide in a direction with "sputtering" as a condition unless I'm missing something.

It could be electronics, a bad ground, roasted rings, wrong plugs, ignition converter, ECU, clogged injectors, bad sensor of some sort... the list goes on and on.
That was step 2 Ben...:D There IS a routine you know;):cool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well problem was found I have a broken plug wire n also a coil that is going bad.. so I ordered new parts so hopefully my RC will be back running in a few days

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok So I have changed the Plugs,wires an coils and the bike it still sputtering it happens around 4k rpms an last up to about 6k its driving me nuts im lost an i hate having the bike running in poor condition.. bike doesnt have a Power commander on it so that isnt a issue i believe it is stock no mods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts