Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah me too. you gonna order it? you can get it off ebay or the BSB site

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
definitely....its almost every weekend i get surprise and find out a new one is coming out.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I've ordered myself a copy :D

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem, will keep updating you guys whenever i find stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
torrent up on racing-underground

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
We should support productions, especially the smaller ones that aren't highly funded, not get pirate or torrent copies. Allow me to explain:

About 5-7 years ago our company produced 3 top quality DVD's with the help of BBC staff & editing suites focusing on Japanese tuning car culture & motorsports. Duke Video were our UK distributors and explained the difficulties with making profit from low volume niche productions.

To this day Japanese car enthusiasts remember the DVD's as being excellent but sadly these weren't profitable, mostly because of people pirating these productions, torrents, etc. For this reason we abandoned the idea of making further productions.

It's for the same reasons a lot of other motorsport media doesn't succeed. Torrents are intellectual theft and they can cause the death of the sort of productions we enjoy watching. I, Superbiker is probably a low volume DVD made using modern HD SLR cameras.

Stuff like this needs to be supported by enthusiasts if we want to see more of it in future. Most of us wouldn't dream of putting our hands inside someone's pocket and stealing money from them, so we shouldn't steal intellectual property IMHO.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i agree, the problem is this is only being released in Region 2 format.

So buying the DVD in this case is not an option. Asfar as supporting these small productions i do.....i am the guy paying 30 dollars for the motogp season reviews, TT isle of man reviews, and WSBK rviews. i own more small production movies as well to include both cannonball bike run DVDs, Faster. The Doctor, the Tornado, and the Kentucky kid, i support DUKE big time. I buy all of them straight from the distributors.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I wasn't having a go at you directly GTS455. Merely sharing what isn't always obvious to most.

Just because torrents are available, it doesn't mean people should make use of them.

Because it's so easy to do a lot of people think it's OK, but most don't realise the damage they're contributing to the very productions they like.

Intellectual property theft also gives yet another reason for the argument for internet control & censorship which none of us really want ...

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no issue. you make a very valid point.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't have one right now, but when i get one i'll let you know. i think i can buy them too. ill be in touch

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, they hard to come by. sent you a PM.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got it last year and its ok. I actually watched it again the other night, still just ok. good crashes and video but you would be better served getting the BSB 2010 Season review or a better one is Isle of man "Closer to the Edge TT3". I, Superbiker just has too much Biker Girlfriend input. I love how it focuses the whole season on the guys that end up not winning the season. Kyonari is the man! But like I said too much Girlfriend input. How you gonna call yourself a racer and focused on winning but draggin your girl around everywhere. Anyway. for a real Soul stirring life changing Documentary. Check out "Isle of Man Closer to the edge TT3" or "Fastest" by Mark Neale. Check out the Trailers on You tube. I have them here with me in the desert and i pretty much fall asleep to them every night! If you have a passion for Racing or bikes those will cater to your soul! hope this helps. I live eat drink sleep and breath Moto gp, BSB, WSB, AMA, ISLE OF MAN, etc!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered through duke video. they are pretty good but you have to have a dvd player that will do the format for some of them. I had to get a cheap player specifically for some of their movies. just saying check so your ready when they arrive. Most laptops will work with them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts