RC51 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that honda still made the rc51. they could be 1200cc, more power, more up to date stuff like good undertails, led lights and such.
but no, they have to make a butt ugly vfr1200. that being said, i suppose they could have screwed up the looks of the rc too.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I guess you'll have to buy either a Ducati or KTM RC8 for your v-twin thrills.
I'll be keeping my RC51 for quite some time.
It's my main play toy. :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
How does Ducati do it then?:D
Well lets see twins are the only thing they have ever built.

Trust me, the market for CBR1000RR's is way bigger then the 1198 atleast over in the states it is.

Ducati has the twin market down to a science!
I'd love an 1198 to add to my stable someday!
If you've only built twins since your inception do you really have the twin market down to a science??? I don't think so.

I'd love to have an 1198 to I'm just not ready to make that big of an investment on a motorcycle yet.

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
^^^^ Seriously. I almost signed my life away for an 848 before buying mine. That bastard was 12k. I was like WTF? Hell no. Then I found mine. 7k of all it's glory. Glad I switched to Honda. But I think they still could've kept the RC in the mix. I probably would have bought a new one by now but unfortunately, she has slipped away into the wind. Maybe one day Honda will bring back the VTR.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i've drooled over ducatis since i got my first bike, way back when. man that 916 was special. the 1098/1198 is even better. but i love honda for it's reliability. it's a shame they gave up on the twins.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you just described me. i want a duc but have two hondas! superhawk and rc51. the 1098 has a lot more power than the rc51 and hawk though.
i'll have a 1098 at some point. would like a 2006 rc51 too. i think i'll have my hawk for ever. it's worth more to me that i could sell it for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
correct me if im wrong but isnt it up for discussion at hrc to introduce a new rc?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
:D
Yes I want to add an 1198 to my stable bad!
I have a 2004 RC51 and a 2007 CBR1000RR.
It looks like the 1098 and 1198 make mad power for a twin.
I just need to get over the hump of valve checks on my own. LOL
Once I do that, I will own a Ducati.
I would be leaning towards a KTM RC8R (also a 1200) as it makes the same power as the 1198R and valve checks and adjustments are easier.
But since both are $20-40K, it's all wishful thinking on my part.
It should be making it's WSBK appearance next year unless economics changes that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts