RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281297016510?nav=SEARCH

Had a black 06. Absolutely favorite bike I've owned. I've been hunting for one of these for awhile but just can't make it happen across the country. They ruined the body style in 08 IMO and I haven't really liked them since.

This one is bone stock with 2600 miles and it was owned by a 50 year old. If someone was hunting it appears this would be the one to get. If this was within 500 miles of me I would be making the trip.

I just don't dare do a deal without seeing the bike in person. Then I worry about the shipper damaging the bike transporting it, not to mention the added cost of shipping a bike across the country

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
We've seen a couple nightmare shipments by members here.
But yeah! damn nice bike. Would love to see that parked next to my RC51. :)

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't say the price is too high for the bike. It books around 7500 on NADA with an estimated higher mileage. I guess it depends on what the bike is worth to you. They only made the Repsol in this body style for that 1 year. I would pay 8k all day long for that bike but I'm very partial to it.

Considering it is in "showroom" condition I would rather pay that then pay almost double for a 2015 that performs practically the same and doesn't look any better

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've seen a couple nightmare shipments by members here.
But yeah! damn nice bike. Would love to see that parked next to my RC51. :)
Yeah, I had my motorcycle shipped to Louisiana from Maine when I was stationed there while in the Army. The motorcycle was laying on its side when they opened the trailer up. Only gave me a 30% of the money that it costs to repair the bike.

This is why I refuse to purchase a bike without transporting it myself

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
I just thought it was a bit high considering the same bike(s) are about the same price here but in Canadian funds.

It's a great bike Andrew I hope it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just thought it was a bit high considering the same bike(s) are about the same price here but in Canadian funds.

It's a great bike Andrew I hope it works out for you.
Oh no doubt 8k is top dollar for this bike. I am not going to purchase, just drool over it a little :D Hopefully I will find one in this shape somewhere in the Northeast.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
8k is 09 or 2011 repsol money. i would go 6k tops on that one, i never found the repsol paint scheme "that" appealing. The 2013 600rr in the old Rc30 colors is pretty nice!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
8k is 09 or 2011 repsol money. i would go 6k tops on that one, i never found the repsol paint scheme "that" appealing. The 2013 600rr in the old Rc30 colors is pretty nice!
Show me a 2011 1000RR Repsol edt that is going for 8k that isn't a salvage title or been molested..

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Best years of the 1KRR...'06 and '07.

I had the Blue/Yellow, loved everything about the bike. Especially the Hamaguchi exhaust:cool:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best years of the 1KRR...'06 and '07.

I had the Blue/Yellow, loved everything about the bike. Especially the Hamaguchi exhaust:cool:
Damn right buddy! They are by far the best looking jap sportbike to date IMO. When I had my black 06 in Arizona I rode with 4 other people that had the same year bike. Always loved that blue/yellow scheme. The cops always looked at that one and ignored us on the black ones lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts