RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have an 03 with 12,600 mi. A PCIII mapped by Dan Kyle and Sato Carbon lo mounts. I've never had a problem of any sort with this bike until Sat. I got it out of Winter storage, stuck the battery in it and it fired right up. After warm up I rode it home, about 5 miles and it ran as strong as ever.
After sitting about 3 hours I was going to go for a short ride and park it for the day. I started it again for warm up and after about a minute it started to stumble and miss, then i found it was only running on the front cylinder. I shut it down and now, other than an occasional pop out of the right hand pipe, it won't start. My battery was quite low so I went and got a new gel cell but that was not the problem. I'm getting fuel vapor curling out of the left pipe when i roll it over so I don't think it's a fuel issue. I'm going to disconnect the PC and plug the stock system back together and see if it runs, but I can't do that until tomorrow evening. Anyone ever had something similar to this happen before? I'm used to wrenching on my old Shovelhead which is about as complicated as a pipe wrench. I figured I would post the question here before hauling it to a dealer and a big buck check up.
Thanks
Bill

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I'd say wait and see how it runs with the power commander out of the way.
Hopefully the plugs aren't fouled too badly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts