RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first rc, she starts like a dream and runs in neutral great. My question is after I warm her up and take off on her as soon as pull in the clutch to switch to second she stalls. When I go back to start her again it gives me a little trouble and once she does start if I'm not giving her a little gas she stalls again. Once I get it back to my garage she I looked down and my rpms are around 500. I checked the fpr and zero fuel. It has a pc3 with the 2into1 mod. Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Did you turn the ignition to on with the small vac hose disconnected?
What do you mean rpms around 500? I doubt the bike will even run at 500 rpms. Did you mean 1500? Normal idle should be 1300rpm.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I removed the vacuum line after its primed and no fuel. It sets between 500 and 1000 rpms then it dies but only after I've put it in gear and started down the street. Like I said right as I pull the clutch in to switch to second it dies. It will start but it takes a couple tries and I have to stay on the gas to get it back to the house

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Make you sure you set idle at op temp. when the engine is cold the computer adds fuel to aid in cold temp start ups. after op temp is reached the computer will cut this extra fuel back and rely on the idle setting only. If it was set when the motor was still cold, chances are it will die if not given throttle.

I thought I had a problem with mine a while back, after going through everything on the bike I looked at the serv manual again and cough the "at temp" line. I warmed the bike up to 180-200f set idle at 1250-1300 and hadn't had a problem since. It really gave me that "Wow I'm dumb feeling."

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
You're not lost.....you are just taking longer to get there.;)

Good luck with your troubleshooting!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I've noticed some peeple are pretty adamant about clutchless shifting.
I always use my clutch to upshift, I'm just smoother that way.
But rarely use the clutch to downshift. Got that down pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright guys thanks for the help....adjusted my idle this morning. When bike was at operating temps it was only at 900 rpms. So I fixed that and now she runs smooth now. By the way someone asked she is a 2002. Previous owner did a lot of great mods to her but there are a lot of backyard garage mods done as well. Clipped wires that I still have no idea what they go to. I picked this up pretty cheap so I can't complain, but I'm ready to get her out on the road but I always like to go through my bikes thoroughly. My ocd as an aircraft mechanic I guess. Sorry to ramble, I really appreciate all the ideas. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts