RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you know my winter mod list included GP mids and cans from danmoto.

Having been told directly from danmoto to NOT dyno these as the heat and pressure can damage the carbon fiber. I was lacking a good outlet for a proper tune:(

Well this forum and its members stepped up! A couple guys here emailed me their custom tunes so i could try them out with the danmoto's

I put on about 200 miles sunday and WOW:eek: I noticed right away how crisp the throttle response was. The torque curve had also changed and is so buttery smooth i could mistake it for an inline...:eek:

After a 50 mile blast, both of my buddies (1198 and 999) commented that "that thing is completely different. The exhaust note and its demeanor has completely changed" On several occasions we would pass slower riders, and when they would catch up to us they would always comment about the RC and how wicked it sounded:cool:

I imagine having only had this thing for a couple years it has never been properly mapped. I can say without a doubt its running better than ever before:cool::D

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Do tell which map you settled on....those things are feeling loud as hell I bet.:eek::D

Oh, thus whole thread us bulls hit until we see pictures. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Yes...do tell. Where they all GP maps, or did a different one work?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do tell which map you settled on....those things are feeling loud as hell I bet.:eek::D

Yes...do tell. Where they all GP maps, or did a different one work?
Well....it was yours! I wasnt sure if you wanted it out there, because now your gonna get 100 pms asking for it...

Only picture i took...doing my part to rid the world

I had two. One had been posted in a lady bird map thread. I think its bmiller123 custom tune for his ladybirds, but dont quote me.
Both of them are for gp cans, but probably the 60mm ladybird mid.
The danmotos are similar cans, but 51mm mids.
The one i went with was madbuyers. ladybird, flapper stock a/f i think...
Its a brute!!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
That's okay...glad it works for you. ;)

Use a little silicone spray on that lid, the bugs will just wipe off.:D

It does run like a raped ape with that map. It came in a 129.5 hp...not bad.:cool:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have these as well. I enjoy the noise they make.

So you are saying that I need to get a USB PC3 and the custom map you have, and I too can experience this vast change in performance?!?!

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I have these as well. I enjoy the noise they make.

So you are saying that I need to get a USB PC3 and the custom map you have, and I too can experience this vast change in performance?!?!

In short, yes. Keep in mind the map isn't a perfect fit, but works well based on the design of the GP cans by Danmoto.

I have Ladybirds, and even the map needs to be adjusted for my bike based off altitude (and maybe weight since I'm only half of a MB :eek: :D )

You can go PCIII or PCV.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's okay...glad it works for you. ;)

Use a little silicone spray on that lid, the bugs will just wipe off.:D

It does run like a raped ape with that map. It came in a 129.5 hp...not bad.:cool:
That is a very fitting analogy! It just felt angry to me...pulled harder and longer, and would consistently lift the wheel when i least expected:eek:

And i cant be sure because i didnt keep track, but i think my fuel consumption is down too:D

You should bottle that map and sell it:cool:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
That is a very fitting analogy! It just felt angry to me...pulled harder and longer, and would consistently lift the wheel when i least expected:eek:

And i cant be sure because i didnt keep track, but i think my fuel consumption is down too:D

You should bottle that map and sell it:cool:
I'm running the same map...there is no way fuel consumption is down...😜

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well, now you've done it! After reading your thread I want that exhaust! I thought I was happy with what I had until I read the raped ape comment, and that pushed me over the edge. I would like to hear more raped ape so now I have to start searching for Dan Moto GP cans.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Well, now you've done it! After reading your thread I want that exhaust! I thought I was happy with what I had until I read the raped ape comment, and that pushed me over the edge. I would like to hear more raped ape so now I have to start searching for Dan Moto GP cans.

If you do end up buying a set...I believe their website sells them for slightly cheaper than Ebay (no sellers fee).

Good luck with pursuing the raped ape-ness :eek: :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Meh, its just a public service to keep people from burning up their motors by running too lean.:cool:
How much damage is done when running those exhausts with no power commander or mapping? All I did was put on the mids and the cans. I only had the bike out once.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
How much damage is done when running those exhausts with no power commander or mapping? All I did was put on the mids and the cans. I only had the bike out once.

In the short term, probably not much damage. In the long run, you could shorten the engine life by constantly running lean (which usually means running hotter). This could lead to premature wear and engine detonation.

Some of our wiser members can explain it more scientifically...or say I'm way off base.

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
These are what my GP cans sound like:

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hahaha...great video, especially the ending with the music!

You could probably reduce drag on your bike by getting rid of those two things sticking out on the side of your bike :eek: :D

Looks and sounds good.
Hahaha, thanks. I wanted to add that in because I saw some guys on here rag on these exhausts about how they are POS. I know they are not the best. But for the money, they make that bike come alive. They aren't as refined as a full system or like sato's or something, but they'll do just fine for me.

Yeah, the signals are real ugly. I've wanted to swap them out for some time. I want to get something else but those protons are kinda pricey :mad:

The exhaust was the first real modification I've done, so I'm heading in the right direction in that regard.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts