RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well everyone, here she is. I started talking to this guy in March after Daytona, and finally wrapped up the deal Sunday. I had to deliver a bike in VA, so my brother and I drove into MD early Sunday morning. We didn't roll back into Shelby County until 10PM Sunday night and we were exhausted. I got to ride her this afternoon after work, and again tonight. All I can say is WOW. This is maybe the best thing I have ever bought.

2005 vintage, 8596 miles when I picked her up. When the previous owner started her up for the first time, it was all over. The Sato Titanium high mounts barked with authority, and a neighbor came outside thinking a helicopter was hovering low. (True story.) I took her for a spin through some of the beautiful Maryland countryside and was immediately hooked. The looks of the Carrozeria wheels and the Ohlins bits really set it off for me. I also love this color combo. I literally fall in love with her all over again every time I see her.

She was spotless and without fault upon inspection. The bike looks like she has fewer than 1000 miles on her. She was well cared for and never abused. The guy I bought her from had only put about 500 miles on her and he bought it from a riding buddy who rode her on the street. She has never rolled on a track.

Some of the parts on her:
Ohlins rear shock
Dan Kyle suspension link
Scott's Ohlins steering damper
Dynojet PCIII USB with Kyle maps
Sato high mount Titanium exhaust with Sato Ti hangers
Carrozeria wheels
??? Slipper clutch
and more...

I have to check and see which sprockets are installed. It feels like a 15/42 from the seat of the pants. I do not think the soft rev mod or the PAIR mods have been peformed, but I have to check and see. The seller did not think they had been touched. I'll update more as I get more familiar with her. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning!

·
Registered
113 Posts
wow nice bike for sure i notice you said something about the pair system and soft rev mod what about the flapper mod has that been doe if not you might want to do that well enjoy

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful looking bike - Congrats!

But... ummmm... are you sure those front forks are Ohlins?

Eric
Well... Upon further inspection it appears they are not...:eek:
I was thinking back to try and recall if the seller ever specifically said the fronts were Ohlins and I can't say for sure he did. He was a very straightforward and honest guy.

Not a big deal. The condition was the main thing for me. I can always add the Ohlins fronts later.

·
Premium Member
6,494 Posts
Well... Upon further inspection it appears they are not...:eek:
I was thinking back to try and recall if the seller ever specifically said the fronts were Ohlins and I can't say for sure he did. He was a very straightforward and honest guy.

Not a big deal. The condition was the main thing for me. I can always add the Ohlins fronts later.
He may have meant Ohlins valve kits installed in the forks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not a big deal - I was just hoping you weren't rooked. The bike looks great and has a lot of great pieces on it. Enjoy the ride.

Eric

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He may have meant Ohlins valve kits installed in the forks.
I thought about that. I guess I'll call him and ask. If it does in fact have Ohlins internals, would there be any advantage (other than looks) to installing the entire Ohlins assemblies?

Not a big deal - I was just hoping you weren't rooked. The bike looks great and has a lot of great pieces on it. Enjoy the ride.

Eric
I don't think so. I'm betting it was probably what SubSailor said and I carried the assumption a bit too far, and in all the excitement I never looked that close at them. As far as enjoying the ride goes, it's kind of like discovering riding all over again. The bike is almost telepathic.:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Damn that is a good looking bike. I am getting those wheels for my 00 RC for sure now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, everyone!
TMFD, I see you're not far from me in Louisville. I never noticed that under your name! I didn't think there were any members close by. I live in Shelby County. We should get together and ride sometime. I was out for Bike Night Thursday. As for the plate, I have my dealer's license in KY.

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
Yeah. They're not Ohlins. I have the same forks on my 600... Very clean, very rare bike. Hold on to that one bro. She's a keeper.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah i didn't know anybody was around me either. i'm in the south of town, down off dixie highway. thursday nights me and my buddies hit up the usual places: texas roadhouse on dixie, tumbleweed down by the river, bardstown road stylin and profilin... LOL

send me an email to [email protected] and i'll give you my cell number. if you come in often you can ride with us. good group of mature (read:safe) riders. i have an '03 rc so it'll be nice to get a look at your ride and see what an unchipped swingarm looks like!

post edit: it doesn't look like it in the post but that is an underscore
between tdot and 28, not a space.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah. They're not Ohlins. I have the same forks on my 600... Very clean, very rare bike. Hold on to that one bro. She's a keeper.
Thanks. She's definitely a permanent resident in the stable. Well, the only one in the stable right now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i didn't know anybody was around me either. i'm in the south of town, down off dixie highway. thursday nights me and my buddies hit up the usual places: texas roadhouse on dixie, tumbleweed down by the river, bardstown road stylin and profilin... LOL

send me an email to [email protected] and i'll give you my cell number. if you come in often you can ride with us. good group of mature (read:safe) riders. i have an '03 rc so it'll be nice to get a look at your ride and see what an unchipped swingarm looks like!

post edit: it doesn't look like it in the post but that is an underscore
between tdot and 28, not a space.
That's not far. I have a friend who lives off south Dixie close to Mike Linnig's. I'll ride with him a lot, especially Bike Nights. We were down there all afternoon on Thursday. Started out at Mike Linnig's, then stopped by a friend's on Cane Run for a couple hours, then off to Dixie. We rode through Texas Roadhouse but didn't stay long because we saw some people we knew and rode out with them. We will probably be out again this week if we can work it out. I will definitely email you and we can link up.

·
Premium Member
6,494 Posts
I thought about that. I guess I'll call him and ask. If it does in fact have Ohlins internals, would there be any advantage (other than looks) to installing the entire Ohlins assemblies?

I don't think so. I'm betting it was probably what SubSailor said and I carried the assumption a bit too far, and in all the excitement I never looked that close at them. As far as enjoying the ride goes, it's kind of like discovering riding all over again. The bike is almost telepathic.:D
Rather than valve kits, he have installed Ohlins replacement cartridges instead.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts