RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve got a little but of surface rust in my gas tank, Ive taken it off rinsed and soaked it in vinegar rinsed it then dryed it replaced it that was weeks ago. The rust isnt coming back it just never completely cleaned up. It wasnt bad to begin with and now its better but I want to run a in line fuel filter until I get a new tank just to be safe.

I dont know what size fuel line we have on these Rc's I did a search and couldnt find out. And any suggestions on a filter?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
The fuel line is high pressure, 50 to 60 psi I believe.
So your filter would have to be compatible, and it seems like you would have to incorporate the fittings that the high-pressure filters come with.
Sorry, don't know the ID of the fuel line.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's good information I didn't have thanks. I mean the in tank screen I guess you'd call it is probably enough but IDK.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So there is a in tank filter, right on I had it apart and thought that screen on the intake was the only in tank protection (that's a lot of "in take" and "intake" talk). I think Im good with this tank for a while thanks man. Its got surface rust all over inside no chips or obvious solids new ones are pricey so Im gonna let this one slide for a bit.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
So there is a in tank filter, right on I had it apart and thought that screen on the intake was the only in tank protection (that's a lot of "in take" and "intake" talk). I think Im good with this tank for a while thanks man. Its got surface rust all over inside no chips or obvious solids new ones are pricey so Im gonna let this one slide for a bit.
Put a strong magnet under the tank where you can shine a flashlight and watch the rust collect. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts