RC51 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having issues installing my Scott's stabilizer, it's been off for so long that I forgot the order of the bracket, stabilizer, etc. The issue I'm having is that I can't get my stabilizer completely mounted. Look at the gap in the first picture. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but can you help me spot the issue and help me resolve this anyone?! (Yes they are not completely screwed in, I am aware, but even if they are screwed in I can't seem to get the stabilizer completely mounted.) ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1400702353.864232.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1400702362.453181.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
It looks to me like the burrs on the main nut from previous mountings are keeping the damper mounting ring from sliding down and seating properly. The set screws should align with the recessed ring on the triple nut. Pull it off, take a flat file to the flat surfaces on the nut and try again. Rinse and repeat until the damper mount ring will slide down flush. Its easier to do that step with the damper and mounting ring separated.

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
You've already started another thread regarding this, if you want to update a topic, just use the existing one....locked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.