RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. ever since I have had my 2000 RC51 it has had an issue with backfiring through the intake.. which usually indicates a leaner than ideal situation..

1. It only seems to happen during low to low/mid engine rpms..(although it may happen at faster speed and just not be noticed or heard)

2. It seems to be a random occurance.. But also seems to happen after riding in a spirited fashion for a few minutes.. then as I am downshifting it does it in the lower gears...

3. Also seems to happen as I am pulling in on the clutch.

4. I thought I had it cured after putting on the new PCIII.. and it did seem to disapear, but now its back.

Could it still be running lean and should I manually up the fuel a step or two in the low and mids??? I was thinking a bar up in the low and mid..

Anyone have any advice let me know.. It seems to do fine and have plenty of power and definately runs cooler since putting the PCIII on.. Basically if its not the fuel ratio then I have no idea where to start..

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Did you map the PCIII on a dyno, or did you tweak it manually?

What all has been done on the bike, or is it mostly stock?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you map the PCIII on a dyno, or did you tweak it manually?

What all has been done on the bike, or is it mostly stock?
Flapper mod, Epa unit removed, Yosh carbon slip ons, and PCIIIusb..

It was doing it before I put the PCIII on... thats why I am second guessing myself.. because I figured it was lean because of the slip ons.. It still has the stock air filters.

No dyno tune.. Just downloaded a comparable map according to my set up

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts

It was doing it before I put the PCIII on... thats why I am second guessing myself.. because I figured it was lean because of the slip ons.. It still has the stock air filters.

That just gets you into the ball park. A proper mapping on a dyno creates a map for your exact setup.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts

Send me your email in a PM Louisville....I may have something to get you closer. You have a PCIII USB?

Ultimately, a custom map is the way to go like Sub is directing.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts