RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike model: 2001 SP1

Hi I'm to the forums, haven't even introduced myself yet. However I have an issue that's causing me some headache. I've searched the forum and read quite a few threads about this but cant find specific information for my issue.

Basically the previous owner of my bike installed some integrated tails which work, but only the running lights and the turns. It looks like the green/yellow stripe wire is the brake light wire, that is connected and spliced but i have no luck when i hit my brake. Does anyone have access the the pin diagram and or how to chase this green wire to see where its going? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Billy

·
Registered
406 Posts
The order of the wires may be in reverse from the running light and brake light. I just did the sv650 led light mod and ran into that problem. But do your research first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Jon- I'm downloading this service manual version now, the one i found was without the wiring diagram. Also, i noticed when i disconnect the brake light wire (green/yellow stripe) the LEDs dim, so Im assuming that when connected the brake lights are on constantly...

Is it possible that the relay on the brake lights is stuck to on, or could it possibly be miswired. Again, this was done by the previous owner so I cant assure it was wired correctly...

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Jon- I'm downloading this service manual version now, the one i found was without the wiring diagram. Also, i noticed when i disconnect the brake light wire (green/yellow stripe) the LEDs dim, so Im assuming that when connected the brake lights are on constantly...

Is it possible that the relay on the brake lights is stuck to on, or could it possibly be miswired. Again, this was done by the previous owner so I cant assure it was wired correctly...
Sounds like the stock rear brake switch needs adjustment. That would be my guess based on the limited info so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts