RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you might want to see some facts and statistics about our nations debt timeline.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-27/40-frightening-facts-fall-us-economy

Doesn't look good for sure...

I have had some hope for the recovery. It did look like we were going to pull out of it but as time goes by here in MI I see more and more places closing still.
The state of MI is broke.

Yes interest rates are going up and that shows that there is life but IMHO I think that things will crumble way worse than the just recently seen.
Our government keeps the Money presses rolling round the clock to make the all mighty U.S. dollar.
The U.S. dollar is the world currency and other country's have to convert their currency to the U.S. dollar to buy and sell stuff like oil.
Most of the world was using U.S. currency but one by one country's are jumping ship from the dollar and using their own.
China and a few others have tried numerous times to change the world currency away from the U.S. and it seems they are stuck on doing so.
If that did happen the U.S. would not be allowed to just simply print $ anymore.

No I'm not a doomsday kinda guy but I don't like what's going on.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forget what its called but many country's are pulling their gold and silver stocks out of the U.S. and bringing it home.
I do think that the whole world economy is in trouble but after the smoke clears and everyone peeps their heads up I wouldn't be surprised if a few other country's that were once laughed at held the reins of the world.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I forget what its called but many country's are pulling their gold and silver stocks out of the U.S. and bringing it home.
Re-patrioting I believe is the term...

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
As I see it, what we are going through is not accidental. De-regulation of banks in the US & Europe prior to the Lehman shock with mass-selling of subprime mortgages then bundling them all up as AAA rated packages and selling highly toxic packages wasn't something inadvertent. The seriousness of what is transpiring was, I believe - engineered from the start.

Some will know the Wall Street Crash of 1929 was engineered as a means to wipe out smaller competition of US private banks and confiscate many people's savings by effectively making them vanish. It was highly effective at achieving centralised banking control not least with the Fed resulting - which is controlled by a cartel of the 4 largest banks.

What is happening now seems to carry similar markings and trends to what happened 100 years ago, only this time the banking influenza is worldwide.

Recently there was a very interesting forced sell-off of Silver futures, or Silver promises in paper contracts in other words, by the largest investment banks forcing prices to drop dramatically. Silver had been oversold by over 800 times what physically exists worldwide, apparently and this could have meant huge losses for the banks holding the promises. The reason for causing dumping of prices was to limit the losses that would have been sustained by banks such as Morgan & Stanley. It makes no sense for gold & silver to go downward at a time like now. There is divergence appearing between paper contracts and physical precious metals. Price of precious metals is decided each day through teleconferencing of 7 of the largest banks and agreement of pricing.

Where is it all going? Difficult to say or predict for certain, but what is happening with some certainty is that all the creation of money is simply inflating a very large credit bubble. Each time it begins to deflate more money has been created and this monetising is like pouring water into a large pan of soup. It's dilution of value, not creation of it.
It's a bubble of credit & eventually all bubbles burst. Some say we're in a downward spiral and there's no stopping it.
Historically when the US printed money without gold backing in previous times, it led to collapse of currency & value.

It's certainly a mess. The Federal Reserve (& other central banks of other countries) are not government owned, nor is there any reserve as such.
If central banks were owned by governments there wouldn't be massive debt by the government to it. It's a licence to print money with impunity.

Government (US & other country's) are controlled by banks and corporations and don't answer to their people.

Iran sells it's oil in Euros and other currencies and this is a large threat to the US dollar, which is why the war drum has been beating for many years and there are sanctions. It's not really about presence of nuclear weapons. Not having to buy dollars to buy oil is a direct threat to the U.S. Iran sells to China, Russia, etc. It's recently opened a pipeline supplying sweet crude to Turkey and the flow is set to get stronger.

What we all know deep down for certain is that problems caused by lies in the first place are not fixable with yet more & more lies. Printing money is a lie, essentially because it's backed by nothing other than agreement of paper's worth. Lack of integrity leads to failure & lack of trust.

Remembering this was engineered in the first place, I believe there will be a collapse of paper money eventually. Maybe not so soon, I really don't know.
Then there will be a replacement and the IMF is the probable central supplier. Assets may hold more intrinsic worth than bank deposited money or cash.

What we all know deep down for certain through humanity is that problems caused by lies in the first place are not fixable with yet larger & greater lies. Printing money is a lie, essentially because it's backed by nothing other than agreement of paper's worth

The above is not necessarily fact, just my opinion and I am no expert. Just someone who has taken an interest in what's been happening since 2005 when I started asking myself where all the money floating around was coming from and what would happen when that bubble was bound to burst.
The bubble being inflated now is possibly the mother of all bubbles...

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Scary stuff. Big things are going to happen in the near future.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
There are so many things good and bad, major and minor, happening at all times that it's hard to know for sure what's causing what. And the media only wants to tell us the bad. Since I'm not willing to become an activist, I'm going to continue to be an optimist and remain hopeful that everything will work out OK more or less, that the things we see good or bad are happening for a reason, that something better is around the corner, etc ... although it's difficult since I'm a Repub and it doesn't seem like our current Dem regime is doing anything good at all.

My political paragraph for today :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Economic Empires Eroding.

Good discussion, Gentlemen.
Excellent analysis, Stig.
My $ 0.02 worth is that everything is based upon Interest.
That is the worst thing that one can involve themselves in. And if you're Christian, Jewish or Muslim, it is specifically mentioned, in all relevent texts, as something to stay away from...
May God bless the USA.
And what is this ? No pics with any post ? Well, here is a shot of my computer screen at work. This is what I mostly look at when On Call. And the Coffee/Tea boy at work brews a mean cup of Cappuccino ! The other shot was taken at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX. And of course, the mandatory pic of the bike.
Take Care.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
...The state of MI is broke...

Apparently Snyder is doing something right when it comes to our state's budget (even though I don't agree with some of his decisions). Just last month the media reported an increase in tax revenue for the state (even though several cities are broke within our state). Local politicians are foaming at the mouth for a piece of that surplus rainy day fund.

Article:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130515/POLITICS02/305150378

We're sitting on a half billion dollars (insert Austin Powers joke here LOL):

"...the state's $505 million rainy day fund..."

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Don't get me started on the media and the propoganda they pedal for government who in turn pedals it for the banks & corporations that own them...:mad:

The sad fact is that without mainstream news sources telling the truth, people are often too busy just managing their own debt and living from hand to mouth to spend time analysing for themselves what they're being told and thinking about the motives for such.

As a parent of young kids I feel I have an important responsibility to educate myself on what's happening so I can best do what might help us in our local community:

For example this includes subjects such as food safety and the dangers of GMO's.
Monsanto is busily modifying seeds and patenting them and the media doesn't educate us of the dangers.
In response to our disgust for what happens to foods sold in Supermarkets I recently spent two weeks completing a Permacuture design course in NZ accredited with the Permaculture research institute of Australia - the world's leading authority.

I had understood that there are so many genetically modified foods and not only are they likely to make us sick in the long term, but will become prohibitively expensive in the near future not least because it takes 5 times more energy input in current farming methods than the food energy produced. Oil has passed it's peak and we're now drawing crude from sands with ever diminishing returns. There is no future in the current course of world food production because it kills the soil and nutrition within it and is dependent on oil to work. The media doesn't tell us the truth because it represents the interests of corporations, not of the people.

So my response was to educate myself & impliment as natural and self-sufficient food source for our family to grow up on within our local community as I can and continue to develop this going forwards. We're already well on the way with organic fruits and vegetables growing. From the course I now know how to culture wild bees, keep ducks, chickens, etc. with minimal labour & make them all work as part of an inter-related mutually beneficial resilient system. This change in our lives has come about by selectively educating myself.

I see other many people thinking the same way as interest in growing foods naturally is ballooning worldwide now. Permaculture has the potential to be revolutionary for the better good of all because it's about sustainability and a return to health & local economies. It's growth is a direct response to the movement of distrust that exists when people realise they're being lied to regularly.

But I digress. There are many important subjects the media doesn't tell us about.

I read thick books on subjects from currency wars through to governments, and what their objectives really are. To be honest I read mostly about the US, simply because when it sneezes financially the whole world will catch the same influenza.

I occasionally look at a mainstream news channel online but never switch on the TV. There isn't even a signal cable from the wall to the flatscreen here.

I prefer to be selective of what I learn about by analysing and deducing what I feel is the truth of where we're headed than being spoon fed cock & bull stories or having our family watching mindless reality TV.

I find that well researched books that are written some years before things come to pass just as they predict contain the most truth.

The most recent that I found excellent, was written in 2007 entitled: "The End of America, a Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot, by Naomi Wolf.
In it, it clearly analyses what the 10 steps are that a dictatorship takes when hijacking a government to become a regime of totalitarianism.
I found it fascinating, because what Mussolini, Stalin or Hitler did in the course of taking control are the same steps we see unfolding in countries such as the US & UK as well as others in Europe.
If you look up the book on Youtube there are some quite fascinating interviews with the author.

What is unfolding in the US follows one of the steps that Naomi Wolf's book predicted would come to pass, namely revoking freedom of speech & making an example of whistleblowers so that others will not dare speak out for fear of the same fate befalling them.

People such as Julian Asange, Bradley Manning and now Edward Snowden are as I see it - true US patriots who love humanity enough to risk their all in alerting all of us to crimes being perpetrated by our governments but hidden from our knowledge...

This week, knowing of the huge scale of investment the US government has made especially in recent years into collecting personal communication information on it's citizen's private communications I went to look at what the line being portrayed about Edward Standen was. Unsurprisingly I found it to be just the usual propoganda:

I looked to CNN's website with regard to Standen & was encouraged to see there were plenty of people commenting that he was a hero for doing what he had.
So I wrote a considered but provocative short comment saying that the best way to fight a shutdown in freedom of speech would be for whistleblowers to not be afraid to speak, but to bring on 10 more for every one that is singled out...

Within minutes my comment was completely deleted. Ha! How's that for freedom of speech!!
At first I was irritated, but then I realised it was merely confirmation of what mainstream news channels are about. Propoganda mostly but rarely truth that matters. Without knowing the truth, there's very little we can do to protect ourselves.

There you go Atif, a novel! :D

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
Good discussion, Gentlemen.
Excellent analysis, Stig.
My $ 0.02 worth is that everything is based upon Interest.
That is the worst thing that one can involve themselves in. And if you're Christian, Jewish or Muslim, it is specifically mentioned, in all relevent texts, as something to stay away from...
May God bless the USA.
And what is this ? No pics with any post ? Well, here is a shot of my computer screen at work. This is what I mostly look at when On Call. And the Cofee/Tea boy at work brews a mean cup of Cappuccino ! The other shot was taken at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX. And of course, the mandatory pic of the bike.
Take Care.
I miss a good Cappuccino!!
I used to go to my 2nd home, which was called Fuel Cafe here in Sarasota.

Met many new and wonderful friends from all walks of life.
The common tie that bound us together was the love of motorcycles.

Dex (the owner) made an incredibly flavorful expresso using locally roasted beans, and as such, all of his coffees were in great demand.
(his Thai teas and That coffees were also super tasty!)

I found myself drinking so many Cappucinos that my heart rate would become erratic.
So I changed over to Cafe Americanos, where the expresso was diluted slightly.

Sadly, the economic crash of 2010 signaled the end of our beloved hangout.
Here are some photos of my old 2nd home in it's heyday.

https://www.facebook.com/fuelcafesarasota/photos_stream

·
Registered
527 Posts
Differential Diagnosis & Certification Confirmation.

I miss a good Cappuccino!!
I used to go to my 2nd home, which was called Fuel Cafe here in Sarasota.

Met many new and wonderful friends from all walks of life.
The common tie that bound us together was the love of motorcycles.

Dex (the owner) made an incredibly flavorful expresso using locally roasted beans, and as such, all of his coffees were in great demand.
(his Thai teas and That coffees were also super tasty!)

I found myself drinking so many Cappucinos that my heart rate would become erratic.
So I changed over to Cafe Americanos, where the expresso was diluted slightly.

Sadly, the economic crash of 2010 signaled the end of our beloved hangout.
Here are some photos of my old 2nd home in it's heyday.

https://www.facebook.com/fuelcafesarasota/photos_stream
Hey, SubSailor.
Thanks for sharing pics of what looks like a little piece of Heaven on Earth. Or was. Really sad to hear of its' demise. Nothing even close to something like that where I am.
And where are you in those shots ? Are you the tanned, handsome guy standing next to that pretty blonde lady ? Thought so.
Now please excuse me while I crawl to a corner to cry.
Take Care.
P.S. I had a 35 yr. old White lady come in to the ER with an arrythmia, while I was On Call 9 yrs. ago in Tomball, TX. The Cardiologist did a Stress Test, Echocardiogram, Thyroid tests, etc. She told me she drank more than 7 cups of coffee a day. I told her that I thought it was the caffeine that was the source of her erratic heart rate & that the other tests would come out to be normal, God-Willing. Thankfully, that was the case. So you see how much trouble & tests (and stress), you avoided by simply stopping the excessive coffee intake, SubSailor ?
I now confer upon your person an Honorary MD Degree by the Medical School of Using Your Common Sense & No BS.
P.S. # 2: Thanks for your sharp insight, Stig. 99% of the General Public do not know of the issues you talk about. And don't even get me started about Monsanto seeds. In my observations as a Medical Doctor, I have yet to see more Gastro-Intestinal disease anywhere else in the World, as I have in the States. More food allergies, too. And let's not also talk about the harmful exposure to our troops to radiation, as a result of depleted Uranium ammo. Yes, the Govt. tells you all is well & we'll be more safe with what they propose. Don't get me wrong. I'm basically a Republican (Lifetime NRA Member), & not some far Left leaning Commie, but ALL politicians are the same. We're all on our own, basically.
Oops. Sorry. I started ranting & raving. This Forum is soooooo BAD !!
And thank you for your novel, Stig. It's comforting to know that I'm not all alone in this World.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Within minutes my comment was completely deleted. Ha! How's that for freedom of speech!!
The funny thing about that is that there is documented proof that every major news agency in the US is on the government's payroll.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
The funny thing about that is that there is documented proof that every major news agency in the US is on the government's payroll.
Which is why the traitor Snowden ran to a foreign news source. While i don't like the fact the government is monitoring everything you do on a cell phone, there is a proper way to report this. I watch and read news from Russia, Israel, Australia, England and Canada to develop my thoughts. This President we have now is a travesty and a joke. Oh and for the Nazi fucktards recording this :Terrorist, bombing, now, Taliban, Muslim, president, poop face, Obama, eat me! Are those the key words they look for, I'll let you know :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Which is why the traitor Snowden ran to a foreign news source. While i don't like the fact the government is monitoring everything you do on a cell phone, there is a proper way to report this. I watch and read news from Russia, Israel, Australia, England and Canada to develop my thoughts. This President we have now is a travesty and a joke. Oh and for the Nazi fucktards recording this :Terrorist, bombing, now, Taliban, Muslim, president, poop face, Obama, eat me! Are those the key words they look for, I'll let you know :D
So far, so good! (thumbsup)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apparently Snyder is doing something right when it comes to our state's budget (even though I don't agree with some of his decisions). Just last month the media reported an increase in tax revenue for the state (even though several cities are broke within our state). Local politicians are foaming at the mouth for a piece of that surplus rainy day fund

I do agree that Snyder is doing us some good. Seems like he is really fixing stuff and not just covering it up by a word change.

Granholm was something else, I so glad that B is out of there.
While she was on her way out the door she clear cut many of our state forests. This included my childhood campground where I had spent my summers for the first 18yrs of my life.
The place looked like a war zone, the two lakes that used to sneak up on ya where now visible from a long ways away. The only trees that remain are the ones between the campsite posts and safe from the skidders.
We found the MI state Forest Campground sign and it looked like something really big backed over it and smashed it into 100pcs.
My dad and I picked up every bit like it was a crime scene.
It was like putting a jigsaw puzzle together but after lots of glue and many nails we now the complete sign up at my dads farm.
At least we still have that.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Granholm was something else, I so glad that B is out of there.
Thanks to her Michigan is one huge Canadian landfill. It makes me sick seeing those huge trucks of trash moving across the boarder :mad:

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Did someone mention Monsanto? The worlds most hated company? The worlds most aggressive monopolistic wanna-be? The company who has infiltrated the FDA top positions with their cronies?
I fucking hate what Monsanto has done to our food, our health, and the business of growing food. They are evile - without a doubt!
Yeah, I'll stop here....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts