RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 model the only mod is the two into one exhaust. I was thinking to pick up some hp I would purchase a used PC, is it hard to program or do I just plug it in and go? As you can tell I'm new to this, not bikes just ecms and fuel injection Thanks for any help

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Especially with an altered exhaust, YES, it makes a difference.
But only if you have a favorable fuel map. Dynojet has a pretty good selection of free download maps, and there are others floating around too.
The best map is going to be a custom map from a dyno. Then it's dialed in to your bike, and hopefully your riding style.

·
Registered
510 Posts
For an RC51 I think a PC is worth the money. Makes the bike much more smooth at low speeds.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you're thinking of getting one I just bought a new PCV (PC5) from LDH (Dan Kyle Racing) on here, paid about $260 inc shipping and had it within a week, the 5 is much smaller than the III and takes the same maps. It's easy peasy plug and play as well as uploading the maps from a windows machine.
Good luck I've not installed mine but it's ready to go as soon as I putt he bike back together!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App sucks balls!!! Omfg it won't stop opening the f'in App Store!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts