RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a bank repoed 2002 rvt 1000r that had been wrecked. I didn,t know what I was buying due to the fact that the skin on the bike was gone. After I got the title and ran the vin number I realized what I had bought. I will have to replace all the skins and the tank plus the whole headlight assembley to included all brackets. I work on bikes as a hobby and have much respect for there history. I part some out and was going to do the same to this one. I have 700 in it and it runs like a champ. Do you guys think I can build this bike back, slightly modified(skins) and put a "rare" piece or hisory back on the road, Or do I need to just take it apart? What advice can you guys give me as I start the project? I,m not always all about money but I do like to make alittle.lol advice anyone?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rebuild it! Just take your time and find parts as they come. There are a lot of people selling parts and pieces on here and on ebay. Ronayers.com has skins that are fairly reasonable if you are looking for true honda. Don't let it waste away without a fight!! If it runs good, it is worth it, and you will not be dissapointed!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I will take a chance and build it. I think I will enjoy the challenge. I will get some pics posted next week and(according to my cash flow) I might get started on it next month. Maybe by spring it will be road ready.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Safe in the garage

I went today and got the bike from the repo salvage. He told me it ran before I bought it so I never hear it run. When I got it home I unbolted the gas gap(no keys) and gased it,jumped it off(it was hotwired). 30 secounds later it was running. WOW was I impressed. It shock the driveway. I went from wondering if I was going to take it apart, to wanting to ride it now.
It is going to need ALL new skins. Oem honda is out of my budget. Any sugestions on what to put on it.
I have only messed with this bike for a few hours now but from what I have seen from it it is amazeing. I will get it street worthy and it may grow on me and cause me to keep it for the summer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Go to ebay ..they sell it cheaper....or direct to the shop....who knows u can get less$600 usd including shipping to US...but make sure u get the ABS not the fiberglass version..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.