RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy an sp1 now lol,
there is one i have called about that has arrow bolt on cans , power commander with a custom tune and the owner says it produced 116 hp at the rear, i thought it might be a little higher than that, what would be average with those mods do u think?

also as a first time buyer of this model, what questions should i be asking the seller?
there is also a bone stock one for sale but he wants the same money for it, i wonder if it makes sense to buy a modded one or a stock one and mod it how i want ??

cheers for the help:)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
That hp is about right for bone stock.

Do a search as there are quite a few threads out there dealing with your questions on what to ask/look for.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Every dyno can produce different HP values, one dyno will get you 116hp, yet take it down the road to another dyno and you can get 125hp.Dyno jet dyno's are famous for this, the operator can tweek the values to read up to 20% more power:eek:, you have to tell the operator you want a true HP reading.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are worried about horsepower then the RC is not the bike for you...

no, not worried about hp so much, but i thought i read somewhere a standard one produces around 120 at the rear so i assumed one with cans , pc and a custom tune would have a few more ponies,

like they say, dyno figures can vary a lot too.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Every dyno read differently due to variations in calibration. What you need to see are the before & after dyno charts. The difference shows you the overall gain.

If the bike had 104rwhp before the tune and now has 116 then great if it had 121 before the tune and now has 116 well... you get the point I hope :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
what you should be looking into is the torque because that translate directly in pulling/pushing power which is the measure of acceleration. Usually in general terms, BHP equates to top speed but Torque equates to how much the bike will pull on your arms as you fly past the car you are overtaking!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm going to do a run in Tampa in a few hours. I have an 03 with a shit ton of mods but no motor work yet. PC, 2 to 1 jardine, soft rev,flapper,k&n, but it's geared -1 +2. I'll let you know later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm going to do a run in Tampa in a few hours. I have an 03 with a shit ton of mods but no motor work yet. PC, 2 to 1 jardine, soft rev,flapper,k&n, but it's geared -1 +2. I'll let you know later.
You found a dyno in Tampa? My RC will be down here tuesday and I believe it needs a tune after I put some new plugs and wires on it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My bike was unable to run on the dyno cause I was missing a passenger peg from my last track weekend. They said they needed it to strap the bike down. LAME!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Rexx there are a number of places here to get a tune. Dynoworks(Sarasota),FJmotorsports(Tampa), and Motorsports of Tampa. I know Dynoworks is the best and comes recomended,but it's the most expensive. You can find a lot of good info on Tampasportbikes.com. But for ANYTHING RC51 this is the place.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
My bike was unable to run on the dyno cause I was missing a passenger peg from my last track weekend. They said they needed it to strap the bike down. LAME!
So they cannot dyno a bike without passenger pegs? Sounds like you need to find a new dyno tuner as that one is obviously too stupid to properly tune your bike anyway if they cannot even do the simplest thing like a dyno run.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rexx there are a number of places here to get a tune. Dynoworks(Sarasota),FJmotorsports(Tampa), and Motorsports of Tampa. I know Dynoworks is the best and comes recomended,but it's the most expensive. You can find a lot of good info on Tampasportbikes.com. But for ANYTHING RC51 this is the place.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts