RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike ran fine when i got it. I changed the sprocketts from 16/40 530 to 15/41 520 keep in mind that my bike is extended with 130 chain. It messed my gear ratio all up. Now i cruse around in 3rd at low rpms. I usuallybnever come out of 4 or 5 gear. I want top end more then anything i guess but i want to be able to loose the cops with acceleration to need help with right sprockett sizes i need for extended rear end

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The length of the swingarm does not affect gearing in any way whatsoever

with stock sprockets your bike is geared for 181mph top speed, it will NEVER go this fast

with 15/41 it is geared for 166mph. it's very unlikely it will go this fast either.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
My bike ran fine when i got it. I changed the sprocketts from 16/40 530 to 15/41 520 keep in mind that my bike is extended with 130 chain. It messed my gear ratio all up. Now i cruse around in 3rd at low rpms. I usuallybnever come out of 4 or 5 gear. I want top end more then anything i guess but i want to be able to loose the cops with acceleration to need help with right sprockett sizes i need for extended rear end
LoL, Sorry I couldn't resist.
Please, don't do that. Too many other lives, and your own, at risk.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
:rolleyes: An extended swingarm on an RC is sacrilege. He should forfeit his man card , be tarred and feathered , then set on fire. ;)
If it was purchased this way, he has a grace period of thirty day....tick,tick,tick......:grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts