RC51 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm outta here fellas. Somebody came to the house and trailered off my baby yesterday. I'll have to admit I was kinda bummed out after he left but the guy has been asking me about it for months and my heart just wasn't in it anymore. I'm glad I could pass it off to someone who really wanted one. I was in the process of doing a track conversion on it and it was just taking to damn long. I ended up trading it for an 03 R6 race bike with all the fancy race goodies on it and only 5400 miles. Anyways I've enjoyed my time over here and at Zilla and will see you guys on the flip side.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm the guy who finally got an RC.... I have wanted one for years, but kept passing up, or missing out..... It will be street/track bike for me. It will be track ready in a few weeks, but I am probably going to take my time with the street stuff, and maybe by the mid to end of the year, it will be street ready.

Can't really say that I will miss the R6, didn't have it long enough to get attached. I will say that it should make for a hell of a trackbike!

·
Registered
84 Posts
lol just as you think we're losing a memeber here comes a new one!! nice to see transactions like this on the forum... good luck to you both

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I did test ride a CBR1000RR and GSXR-1000K8 from a couple of buddies.
For me, I found the Gixxer to fit me better (position-wise) and it seemed to have better mid-range than the Honda. But both were fine bikes with lots of power.
But to your question, yes I'm adding another 1000 soon, but it's an FZ1.
I'm putting the 'Busa up for sale.

·
Registered
113 Posts
well you will be miss jgos. U always seemed to be a good source of info. And the gixxer is a really nice and comfortable bike and has plenty of power. The only problem i had with my k7 was when i hit the deer it snapped the fame at the front welds and not sure if suzuki fixed that

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did test ride a CBR1000RR and GSXR-1000K8 from a couple of buddies.
For me, I found the Gixxer to fit me better (position-wise) and it seemed to have better mid-range than the Honda. But both were fine bikes with lots of power.
But to your question, yes I'm adding another 1000 soon, but it's an FZ1.
I'm putting the 'Busa up for sale.
You are giving up the Busa for a 1K? I will have a hard time giving up my Busa, not even after I get a cruiser. By this time next year, I hope to have a metric cruiser, a dedicated track bike, this RC, and the Busa! I am not sure the wife will let it happen, but I am going to try it slip it past her :D

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
well you will be miss jgos. U always seemed to be a good source of info. And the gixxer is a really nice and comfortable bike and has plenty of power. The only problem i had with my k7 was when i hit the deer it snapped the fame at the front welds and not sure if suzuki fixed that
Have a buddy who has a K5 and Suzuki had a recall where they weld a brace to strengthen the frame. The replaced the frames if they were cracked.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
You are giving up the Busa for a 1K? I will have a hard time giving up my Busa, not even after I get a cruiser. By this time next year, I hope to have a metric cruiser, a dedicated track bike, this RC, and the Busa! I am not sure the wife will let it happen, but I am going to try it slip it past her :D
While I appreciate my 'Busa for what it is (wonderful engine), the ergonomics are totally wrong for my back due to the long reach to the bars.
I've installed adjustable rearsets and clip-ons which made it better, but short of redesigning the bike, I've done all I can do.
That's why I hardly ever ride it anymore except to keep the battery charged, engine oil circulated, etc.

That's why I bought the FZ1. I demo rode one back in '07 and liked it.
I also find my RC51 far more comfortable than my 'Busa.

·
Registered
84 Posts
While I appreciate my 'Busa for what it is (wonderful engine), the ergonomics are totally wrong for my back due to the long reach to the bars.
I've installed adjustable rearsets and clip-ons which made it better, but short of redesigning the bike, I've done all I can do.
That's why I hardly ever ride it anymore except to keep the battery charged, engine oil circulated, etc.

That's why I bought the FZ1. I demo rode one back in '07 and liked it.
I also find my RC51 far more comfortable than my 'Busa.
I find nothing comfortable about the RC, but I love it just the same. The pegs are high, the seat is hard, but you are right, the reach to the bars is shorter than the Busa. I have long arms, but also have a bad back from a car accident years back. I am going to use this RC as a trackbike and for some occasional street riding. Busa's too much work to have fun on the track. I will pick up anothe dedicated trackbike this winter, and then the RC will be street only for some occasional short ride's and trips to area's like the Hill Country down near Austin, and the trips to Deals Gap!
I like the FZ1 too, almost considerd one before buying the Busa. My daughter like's to ride with me, and the Busa is more comfortable for two up (my opinion).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts