Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all for their entries for the January 2016 Bike Of The Month (BOTM) contest!! No further entries are allowed at this time.
For those who missed the entry period, please try again next month.

Now it's time to vote which bike should receive BOTM for January 2016.
The following entries are:

prujd1

breal1028

smokingjoe

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I think Breal has a little more project time into his from what I can tell. And the Shorty Akros killed it for me, as well as the lowered front end.
Is it lowered? I'd guess that he did that for handling purposes, not aesthetics.
I have no problem with shortened cans, usually that means a damaged part has been cut off to salvage a good looking can. The fat stubby look is fine in a lowmount for the piggy. imo :)

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
SubSailor if I may respond to some of these comments:

First off thank you to you guys being complementary & encouraging as every bike submitted for these polls are great bikes & my bike is certainly an unfinished work in progress

Secondly to address the negative comments this poll is for the appreciation of a nice RC not the most tidy garage contest .. Project time spent can not possibly be known just by looking at 1 pic .. I wouldn't be surprised if my RC with ugly shorty cans/ Akra system & tune sounds better & pushes more power than whatever you may be riding so please don't criticize mine or anyone else's bike with negatives just vote & move on

List of mods done prior to that picture
Full Akra system 2 into 2
Power commander III with Akrapovic map
Pair mod
Flapper mod
Soft rev limiter mod
Black hotbodies undertail
Scott's steering stabilizer
Carbon fiber airbox
Carbon fiber ram air duct
Carbon fiber radiator scoop
Carbon fiber gauge surround
520 chain conversion with -1/ +1 sprocket change
Upgraded headlights
Smoked windscreen
Shorai lightweight battery
Lowered 1" in front
LED front blinkers

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I guess you'd be very upset if somebody stated that all three bikes are similar but voted for yours because of your tidy yard :rolleyes:

BTW, pretty sure it's your chopped off stubby cans that some don't like.
Extrapolated it's not about the nice yard or the oil stains on your garage floor it's supposed to be about the BIKES .. & for the shorty Akras they're not the look for everyone but they mate perfect with the full system & they sound freaking mean .. I really don't care if you like them or not I'm only suggesting if you don't have anything nice to say to your RC brothers then keep your negative comments to yourself, vote & move on

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if my RC with ugly shorty cans/ Akra system & tune sounds better & pushes more power than whatever you may be riding so please don't criticize mine or anyone else's bike with negatives just vote & move on.
Tough to say since you are not riding an '03. That is in fact the fastest year produced. :grin2:

The mods on your bike are what you like, who gives a shirt? You like it that is what matters.

I in fact like a clean garage but one that shows signs of use. A clean garage with no signs of use is a sign of a sick mind.....I am madbuyer and approve this message.:serious::wink2: (Keeping in the spirit of the Iowa debate)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow...... pretty new to the forum but if I knew it was this serious I would have took a better pic (and cleaned up the garage a little better). You know what they say about assholes...... they're like opinions or something like that. =) Cant we all just get along, just love our bikes and try to show them off because we think they are cool. Hell, my "tidy garage" and un mod looking (bahahaha) bike is in last place anyway.

Mines better than yours, no mines better, drama drama drama, blah blah blah......... Quit acting like girls

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Wow...... pretty new to the forum but if I knew it was this serious I would have took a better pic (and cleaned up the garage a little better). You know what they say about assholes...... they're like opinions or something like that. =) Cant we all just get along, just love our bikes and try to show them off because we think they are cool. Hell, my "tidy garage" and un mod looking (bahahaha) bike is in last place anyway.

Mines better than yours, no mines better, drama drama drama, blah blah blah......... Quit acting like girls
You and Smokingjoe need to lighten up and grow a thicker skin.
Acting like girls? Looks like a little projection to me. Kettle, meet Pot.
Shrug it off and move on. If you think someone's being harsh, chances are good that others see that too, so take that into account before you retort and click the submit button. Filters.
Don't misunderstand, I'm glad to have you guys aboard. I like your bikes just as much as you may like mine, and glad to have people around who are passionate about their RC51's.

Smokingjoe, you got my vote this month, imo, your bike is tits!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You and Smokingjoe need to lighten up and grow a thicker skin.
Acting like girls? Looks like a little projection to me. Kettle, meet Pot.
Shrug it off and move on. If you think someone's being harsh, chances are good that others see that too, so take that into account before you retort and click the submit button. Filters.
Don't misunderstand, I'm glad to have you guys aboard. I like your bikes just as much as you may like mine, and glad to have people around who are passionate about their RC51's.

Smokingjoe, you got my vote this month, imo, your bike is tits!
jondog9 you made my point "lighten up" meant no disrespect with the "girls" comment, meant it jokingly. I just thought it was funny everyone getting all serious. Maybe Im just too new to all of this, but I am enjoying it...>:)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
The black bike would have been my choice but for the stubby cans. breal1028 looks a good bike in the pic. too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts