RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
See RC51.org

I have fellow riders who use them with little to no issues. The pig nose versions for the 1000RR, the carbon like cover sometimes comes off after use/abuse. For the RC, there were early issues with the rivets vibrating loose. (as I recall...)

Lots of people use them.....I am sure there will be someone who owns them along shortly.

Big key is, they are readily available....which is becoming a huge issue for RC51 parts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ran a Jardine 2-1 for quite a while. I had no isues with it at all except I wasn't a huge fan of the way it looked. The welds and rivets all held strong through many miles. The sound was pretty impressive, in my opinion. As far as HP gains, I installed a PCIII at the same time I installed the system, so I definitely experienced an HP gain, albiet mostly in the top end. Quality and as madbuyer said, readily available replacement parts. I say go for it if you like them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the 2-1 on my bike. I liked the way it sounded and with the PC3 I had the power gain was noticable. The major issue I had was my rivets did vibrate loose. I drilled new holes and added about ten new rivets and still had the same problem within a few months. I'm not sure what the problem was because the new self installed rivets were solid to begin with. If I could do it all again I'd add an extra rubber piece around the can to try and absorb some of the vibrations and see if that helped. Since then I've just had a friend do a custom can on the end of the Jardine pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts