RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I first logged onto this site over a year ago just to get some information and get an idea of what I was letting myself into but I've now taken the plunge.

Just put a deposit on a 2005 SP2 S-5 black/silver/red and now the wait begins. It should be delivered to me on Friday the 9th, not that I'll be able to use it but at least I can sit on it the garage making vroom-vroom noises.

It comes with just over 12k miles, Yoshi s/s exhaust. Harris hanger, braided lines and Galfer front discs, plus a few other bits and bobs.

I am chuffed, I've always liked the looks and sound of them, I have ridden cheap SP1s and fully sorted SP2 so I have an idea of what I am aiming for. Mine will probably receive a new rear shock or at least a rework on shock and forks and a PC of some description.

In the meantime could someone kindly point me towards a link from which I could download parts book and service manuals? (preferably UK, if specific)

Cheers all, can't wait. This is the best [after] Christmas ever!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats,is it the same black as us 2005's ?
Don't know... can't post images nor links at the moment as I'm too wet behind the ears. Think black side panels with big red wing on them, silver belly pan and silver/black rear cowl. Black frame & swingarm.

edit: hah...managed to attached a pic from the dealer's advert.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Nice job man, and just for visual reference here is a US '05...

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
You just wanted to whore your bike out!!
lol...reminds me of a new commercial i just saw with Sheldon (from big bang theory) He is getting his pic taken and says "heres my good side". You hear the camera click and then he turns his face to opposite and says "now heres my other good side" :p

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Welcome JBL. That looks a nice bike. Probably my favourite of all standard colours...
Quite a rare spec. Keep it well. You've come to the best place for talking about these. Tons of information and knowledge from members here to be shared, plus some rare parts that pop up from time to time. :)

Below is a pic taken last year (well, it is 1st Jan today! ) of Carlos' and mine. His was restored from a high-sided wreck we bought as a project. That's now in the UK in Wiltshire, if you're not far I can put you guys in touch - Carlos doesn't frequent here much. Busy with work, family, etc. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
That does look good! Welcome to the club.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
It has SP1 wheels on it.
I like them better anyway, but that's me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts