RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 RC, mostly stock, 7800k's on the clock. I'll be taking her in for a safety tomorrow. I can't wait to pick all of your brains.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
2002 RC, mostly stock, 7800k's on the clock. I'll be taking her in for a safety tomorrow. I can't wait to pick all of your brains.
Welcome to the club!!!

I hope that you like getting questions like "what kind of CBR is THAT?!"

Since I bought mine a month ago, I still have yet to see another one on the road. Kinda makes me feel special.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went out for 250 k's today. I'm in love with this bike. The only thing that caught me of guard was how firmly you have to hit the gear shifter to get it to change gears. The TL1000R you just have to brush against it to change gears.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the club!!!

I hope that you like getting questions like "what kind of CBR is THAT?!"

Since I bought mine a month ago, I still have yet to see another one on the road. Kinda makes me feel special.
On bike night, all the inline4 guys drool over my V2, even though they make way more power than me. I love the fact that I have the only one in my area. Can I be special too?;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your shifting, my '03 shifts like butter, and I just have 2K miles on it. In fact, I think it shifts sweeter than my '00 CBR 929. Perhaps you need to bleed your clutch. My bike, I bought it with 1300 miles, needs brake and clutch flushing, the fluids look like coffee from the bike sitting so long. This week for sure,

John

·
Registered
17 Posts
I find that I don't use the clutch to up-shift (i.e. from 2nd to 3rd). I simply ease the throttle for an instant while applying slight pressure to the shift lever. I converted my RC to Moto GP shift pattern (1 up and 5 down), so I put gentle pressure downward on the shift lever so the moment I back off on the right twistie, it pops into the next gear.
I never thought about changing my clutch flushing, though. I guess that's next. Thanks John.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts