RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the first mod on the RC51 that I bought a few weeks ago and let me tell you, it was a doozy... the flapper valve mod! :eek: About halfway in to it I thought "what have I got myself into" but by that time it was too late; I had to pull the hose the rest of the way off the diaphragm switch. :D

Kidding aside, do you only need to plug the hose that you pull off or the diaphragm switch too?

I also loaded the Sato Banzai map that I found on the RC51 rogue site into the power commander.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
If you pulled all the vacuum hardware off, you only need to cap off the fitting on the front throttle body, or the hose leading from it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you pulled all the vacuum hardware off, you only need to cap off the fitting on the front throttle body, or the hose leading from it.
I just pulled the hose off at the diaphragm switch, just below the instrument cluster, and capped off the hose there. It seemed a little too easy, that's why I was joking about it, but if I read the instructions on the rogue site correctly that's all you have to do, unless you want to remove all of the hardware downstream of the hose for (cosmetic?) reasons.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I just pulled the hose off at the diaphragm switch, just below the instrument cluster, and capped off the hose there. It seemed a little too easy, that's why I was joking about it, but if I read the instructions on the rogue site correctly that's all you have to do, unless you want to remove all of the hardware downstream of the hose for (cosmetic?) reasons.
That's right. It is that simple. It surprised me too when I dove into it. I removed the extra stuff to clean it up. Just didn't want the useless stuff hanging on... Declutter...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts