RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On a 2008 CBR1000RR. I'll be picking her up tonight from the dealer. Got it for $7880 out the door. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. The 51 goes on the block next week so I'll post up a 4sale thread if anybody is interested. Its been fun guys I know alot of you will be happy to see me go but either way I'll always have respect for the 51 and most of its riders. Sub your my boy !!! I hate to get rid of the 51 but I wanna pay off the cbr asap. Someone else will be able to enjoy it like I have.

Here she is

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ya, I know some guys here that have taken that deal from Honda. It's very tempting. Congratulations on the new bike. Stick around though, it's still a Honda!

·
Registered
389 Posts
jgos, please don't go! i will miss you, seriously!
i too was tempted by a brand new 2007 cbr1000rr for $5999 but 4s just don't turn my crank anymore, pun intended.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Nice looking bike.
Hope you enjoy it. :)

My colleague at work also has a red one, and another rider that frequents my local cafe bought a yellow/black one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i will agree congrats on the bike but you do seem to have a vast knowedege on hand that some of could use everyonce in a while

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yahooooo jgos929 is still here.......u & subsailor are the man ...knowing inside out of the RC..

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha Ha !!! Yeah I'm still here guys. I'm gonna hold onto it for now. Im gonna do a couple of mods to the RR and then start getting the 51 setup for track over the winter.

·
Registered
422 Posts
for that price, i also will grab it....for 09 fireblades will cost around $32k, 09 R1 $$32k & K9 $30K....all in Singapore dollars

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the Exact same CBR1000RR just last weekend and it is a great bike. I am keeping the RC though. They are too rare to let go of. Food for though. Safe riding!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey peeps. New to the site. Been goofing off on sportbikes for the last 18 years now. HAve had just about every bike there is to have. Raced many of them in Florida in CCS back during all of the '90's. RC51 is one of the most enjoyable motorcycles I've ever ridden.
Jgos that sounds like a hell of a deal, but glad you kept your RC. Tracking it sounds like a great idea too. I'm not really a fan of the new Honda CBR's. The 08's and 09's look like they got smacked in the face with a frying pan, but that's just my humble opinion!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey peeps. New to the site. Been goofing off on sportbikes for the last 18 years now. HAve had just about every bike there is to have. Raced many of them in Florida in CCS back during all of the '90's. RC51 is one of the most enjoyable motorcycles I've ever ridden.
Jgos that sounds like a hell of a deal, but glad you kept your RC. Tracking it sounds like a great idea too. I'm not really a fan of the new Honda CBR's. The 08's and 09's look like they got smacked in the face with a frying pan, but that's just my humble opinion!
Funny because the rc has an almost identical front end.;)

Anyways I changed my mind. I'm selling it. As soon as I get the radiator and electrical issues sorted out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hahaha....ur right...the front of the RC is the same so I guess I canttalk too much about the cbr!!!

About the Mods to my bike...the reason I'm vague on whether or not I have a PC or not is because I put the bike in the shop almost right after getting it because of real bad back firing when throttle is shut when riding. Mechanic said something about a rubber coupling dry rotting and allowing the engine to run rich. Anyway the previous owner works with me and I think he did say it had a PC but can't remember for sure. The bike ran great aside from the back firing.

The info all of u gave on the pc was AWESOME. I've got a lot of learning to do with the PC's and so on. I get the bike back soon and will give a accurate run down of all the mods it's got.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hahaha....ur right...the front of the RC is the same so I guess I canttalk too much about the cbr!!!

About the Mods to my bike...the reason I'm vague on whether or not I have a PC or not is because I put the bike in the shop almost right after getting it because of real bad back firing when throttle is shut when riding. Mechanic said something about a rubber coupling dry rotting and allowing the engine to run rich. Anyway the previous owner works with me and I think he did say it had a PC but can't remember for sure. The bike ran great aside from the back firing.

The info all of u gave on the pc was AWESOME. I've got a lot of learning to do with the PC's and so on. I get the bike back soon and will give a accurate run down of all the mods it's got.
I thought maybe it was just mine that does the backfire thing. Someone told me that all I needed was new plugs. I have a PC so maybe I should look into that as a possible culprit. I'm new to these forums, but so far they seem amazing. Sorry it took me so long.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts