·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...what do you guys think?:D

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm confused by the link??? Its determined that vibration and a bad weld caused the guys problem. Are you suggesting you shouldn't wrap the header and mids???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm. doesnt look like the wrap was the problem. i have always used wrap to reduce heat on my feet with great luck. thanks for the compliment. i am very happy with the 51!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm confused by the link??? Its determined that vibration and a bad weld caused the guys problem. Are you suggesting you shouldn't wrap the header and mids???
thats what i was thinking:confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah Kinda??

Well I posted the link because some of the guys think say the header wrap puts extra heat into the motor and header causing the header to be weaker. But I do agree that vibration was the main cause of the failure. Sorry I didn't mean to cause confusion. I do see your point about the hot foot thing, Honda should have addressed that. A cheap heat shield would have solved that. I'm just not a fan of header wrap especialy on something that has heating problems already. Again just my 2 cents:confused:
RIDE ON !!!! Hoovy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I posted the link because some of the guys think say the header wrap puts extra heat into the motor and header causing the header to be weaker. But I do agree that vibration was the main cause of the failure. Sorry I didn't mean to cause confusion. I do see your point about the hot foot thing, Honda should have addressed that. A cheap heat shield would have solved that. I'm just not a fan of header wrap especialy on something that has heating problems already. Again just my 2 cents:confused:
RIDE ON !!!! Hoovy
i understand your point of view. but honestly my bike runs about 8-10n degrees cooler with the wrap! it very rarely gets above 215 in heavy traffic!!
i may have the exception to the rule but it helped all around on my bike. i am running titanium ak mid pipes which help with heat too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is a pic from last weekend at deals gap two up with the wifey. it was a beautiful ride

·
Registered
198 Posts
Great Pics

Bike sure is SHINY :D looks great !!!!! That is good to know about the titanium I am still in the market for a 51 and I will put that in my memory drawer for accessories info. THANKS AND RIDE SAFE !!! Hoovy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks alot hoovy! this thing turns heads everywhere! and has a distinct sound with the ti. mids and superhawk cans!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rc looks good, especially tha red......my buddies and I r planning on taking a trip to deals gap as well when spring time comes around

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rc looks good, especially tha red......my buddies and I r planning on taking a trip to deals gap as well when spring time comes around
you should let me know! i live like 45 mins. from the gap!!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Gap

DEE, yeah let me know too on the Gap trip. I am just up the road in Hot Springs VA. Let me know if your over our way too. I know a lot of guys in from eastern VA ride up our way and around Monterey on R250.
I just spent a good bit of time over your way. I have been back and forth to UVA with leukemia since Apr. Finally on the good side of it now I hope. With Gods help I'll stay on the good side!!!
RIDE SAFE !!! Hoovy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts