RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome bro.. I just bought my RC last weekend also an SP1 but its got alot of SP2 stuff on it..Swing arm, forks, and wheels. I havent heard anything about black widow pipes.. I like the look of the high mounts but cant lose my rear pegs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. From what I've read, the Blackwidow were made for the RC, Triumphs, and I don't know what else. And I think high mount pipes can still use the pegs but they need extensions.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Welcome to the group!!

Check if your fuel tank is leaking near the rear mount.
It may leave a fuel residue down the rear cylinder head and drip onto the rear pipe.
There were some SP1's that had bad fuel tank welds.
There was a warranty replacement for those tanks, although so much time has passed they may not honor it anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Yeah I really wanted to get the 2002 and up but budget held me back and the 01 was the way to go. Mine has 15k miles on it so it's all god I guess. It hasn't had the valve job done. Is that really a big deal with these bikes? I've had a 2001 Aprilia Mille and a 2001 gsxr600, 03 hayabusa that all had 20k+ miles and they'd never had the motor open.
It's just routine to check the valves every 16K miles. Not that they will need adjusting.
Over the 20K miles I've added to the bike last year, I only had one exhaust valve slightly out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts