RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it was almost scary that it was so easy. Not saying changing levers is hard, but on this bike a baby can fulfill the task lol. Just thought i would share my news. Btw they are ride it moto adjustable levers. Havent heard anything bad about them and couldnt beat the price

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
post up some pics

·
Registered
100 Posts
When you changed out the levers, Did you have to bleed the systems or is it completely separate from the fluid line altogether? I'm looking at doing this but i just ASSUMED ( i know...) that you would have to drain and fill the clutch and brake fluids.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you changed out the levers, Did you have to bleed the systems or is it completely separate from the fluid line altogether? I'm looking at doing this but i just ASSUMED ( i know...) that you would have to drain and fill the clutch and brake fluids.
no bleeding nessecary. Just undue the boltholding the levers, pull out the stock one(for the clutch side make sure u take out the insert to put in ur new lever) and do the reverse for the install. Easy as pie

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
yep no dealing with fluid or bleeding. just removing a pivot and replacing lever.

looks good, bkc4ever.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey dude. i got them today same colour they are pretty well made for the price i paid. i fixed the brake side of the lever, while fixing the clutch side i noticed.. ther's a rod that pushes the clutch cylinder is missing.

did u take them off from the old leavers ? are they removable ?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
hey dude. i got them today same colour they are pretty well made for the price i paid. i fixed the brake side of the lever, while fixing the clutch side i noticed.. ther's a rod that pushes the clutch cylinder is missing.

did u take them off from the old leavers ? are they removable ?
Did the lever push rod stay attached to the old lever?
Did it get pushed in past the rubber boot?
If you can't find it, then here's the part number for the replacement.

It's item number 1 in the parts illustration. Not cheap for what it is.
http://www.indyoem.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=156027&category=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=2002&fveh=3621

And as a side note, while you have the lever off, put some lube on that pivot for the lever.
Will make it work better and hold down wear on the bushing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts